Chapter 59

There was some serious singing and general chatter in the bus. The women were happy to be out and they now could talk about the experience that was so difficult to speak of before.

There was no space for me to sit, so I stood, feeling satisfied to listen to them speak within themselves. But when my legs almost buckled from under me, the nearest woman stood up for me to sit down. I fell into the seat thankfully. My legs really needed medical care, I made up my mind to get doctor Rasheed look at it.

I rested my head on the headrest, the women's voices was a pleasant background chatter and before long, I was dozing.

Half an hour later, my eyes jerked open. The buses were in a single file and they were all slowing down. We were approaching the hotel and I got up and stretched just as my phone rang immediately. It was Olivia.

"Hello..Rex. I've made lots of calls....expect a huge press turnout tomorrow. I didn't tell what it was about but I assured each of them it was a career defining story"

"That's perfect...which venue did you give to them?"

"I'm supposed to text it to them later tonight"

"Hmmm....okay I'd get back to you"

20 minutes later I left the reception of the hotel and went back outside to the buses. I had over a hundred keys in a small nylon bag and I walked very slowly, not from my leg injury this time but from the weight of my empty account.

I had literally just emptied my account for the purchase of almost 200 rooms.

I shared the keys in the different buses.

"Please, you'll need to share the rooms...maybe in twos and threes. It’s just for the night..."

They were all looking out the window, admiring the hotel which was really big and impressive.

"Sir, God bless you and reward you...what more could we ask for?"

"We've been crowded in a container for weeks. We are ready to stay ten in a room Mr Rex!"

I smiled, "okay, let's all wash up and relax for 30 minutes. I'd talk to the kitchen and we'll all meet in the dining"

They all agreed.

I stumbled to my room and stripped down and put on the heater.

Ten minutes later, I stood under the shower watching as the red water(my blood)went down the drain.

I applied antiseptic to my hand and the back of my legs. I had to bite my tongue because of the biting sting.

15 minutes later, I was out and dressed. I put the gun on the dresser and left the room, locking the door. I brought out my phone and called doctor Rasheed.

"Hello doctor"

"Rex, how are you?"

"Fine, not too fine. When you're coming I'd need some bandages please...my legs are troubling me seriously"

"No problem. I just dropped off the shadow at the address you gave me. He was badly injured but he'll survive. I'm taking the injured agent to the hospital now"

"Okay, that's good"

"I'll be with you shortly"

"Okay…don't forget to bring Olivia"

"Sure thing. Have you figured out a way to stop the explosion yet?"

"Doctor, one step at a time...one step at a time" 

:::
I negotiated with the kitchen for 500 plates of food. The dining was empty by now, as the time was almost 11:30pm and it took the staff about 30 minutes to set up the place.