Chapter Thirteen - The Clue In the Skull.

I walked into 221b and was immediately pounced on by Mrs. H.

"KEYLAND!"

"Mrs. Hudson!"

"Oh Keyland it was horrible! He's gone mad he has! And nobody knows where he is! Keyland you have to help him!"

"It's okay Mrs. H go sit down and have a cuppa I'm sure I'll find him."

 I headed up to our flat and opened the door. Dust and smoke billowed out of the room. After I finished my coughing fit and took my puffer, I covered my nose and mouth and crossed the flat to open the window.

 My eyes searched the flat with the aid of the thin shafts of light that came from the window. Now If I were Sherlock where would I hide a clue? My eyes immediately lit on the mantle.

Billy was missing.

Would he be in Sherlock's room?

 I marched into his room and tripped over a pile of books.

 Hey! These are mine! All Jane Austen books except this one. A Nancy Drew book 'The Secret in the Old Attic'. 

Come on Mycroft how could you miss this?

 I went up to the very top of the staircase and found the trap door I was looking for. I clambered up the ladder and took the torch I'd borrowed from Sherlock's room and shone it around. Within seconds I found what I was looking for.

"Hello Billy." I said to the skull. I picked him up and found a note taped inside him. The note contained an address. I ran downstairs.

"I'll be right back Mrs. Hudson!" I yelled as I headed out the door and hailed a Cab.

"137 Canterbury Road." I told the Cabbie.