Chapter Five - Solitude was the only logical ending.

A/N the song for this painful part is 'The man who cant be moved' (Sorry loves)

Sherlock felt an emptiness growing in his soul. He didn't understand, could he have possibly read Keyland wrong all of these years? He could have sworn she loved him. Or at least was attracted to him. The signs were all there. Her pupils would dilate when she looked at him, she would always look for him in a crowd. How could he have been so terribly wrong?!

Andrea stooped down and helped Sherlock off the ground.

"Sherlock lets go talk to Mycroft." She said gently.

Sherlock did not reply but he let her move him out to her car. They drove to Mycroft's manor. Sherlock walked numbly into the cavernous house. They went into Mycroft's office. Mycroft sat behind a large desk. Sherlock sat on the chair opposite him with a broken heart, as Mycroft spoke up.

"Hello, Brother mine." Mycroft said gently.

Sherlock looked up at Mycroft.

"Why did she leave me Myc?" Sherlock said weakly.

"Sherlock if there is one thing I have learned in this life it is you can't let your heart be vulnerable. Especially when it comes to the fairer sex. A guarded heart is a safe one. Do you understand?"

"Yes." Sherlock said softly. He rose from his chair and walked out of the room with a new determination, he would protect his heart from everyone. Because it was only meant for Keyland.

Sherlock knew in his heart that one day Keyland would be back, and when she was he would be ready.

Andrea watched as Sherlock headed out into the rain. She knocked on the door to Mycroft's office.

"Hello darling." Mycroft said as he looked up from his paperwork.

"Myc are you sure this is the right choice?" Andrea said as she walked over and sat on his desk.

"No, but it is the safest choice." Mycroft debated.

"For everyone involved or just Sherlock?" Andrea said pointedly. 

Then like the queen she is she sauntered out of the room.