Chapter Seventeen - The Perfect Gifts.

I took Sherlock home as soon as he was allowed to go home. He slept on the way to our flat. When we got there I gently shook him.

"We are home sweet Holmes!" I said smiling at him.

"Wow." Sherlock deadpanned as he left the cab.

"Oh come on that was funny." I said nudging him as I got out of the cab.

Things calmed down and seeing as Christmas was on it's way, Andrea and I decided to go Christmas shopping. I had convinced Sherlock to have his family and Andrea over for Christmas, and believe me it took a lot of convincing.

"Please." I begged.

"No."

"I'll be your best friend." I smiled.

"No."

"I'll make creme brulee." I said grabbing his arm.

"..." He stared blankly at me.

"I'll make creme brulee and let you keep the blowtorch." I smirked knowing I had him.

"...deal." He said begrudgingly. 

I laughed as I told that story to Andrea.

We finally found our gifts. I got Mrs. Holmes a very nice necklace, with a heart shaped pendant. I got Mr. Holmes a fancy knife. I got Mycroft a chess set. I had already made Andrea's gift. I did a portrait of her. I also got her a few planners. She always seemed to be going through them.

And finally after what seemed like hours of fruitless searching. I found Sherlock's gift in Topshop. It was a beautiful dramatic coat. I don't know why but the second I saw it in the store it just seemed so perfect for Sherlock! It seemed to be very perfect for a detective. And it would suit his dark curls perfectly. It was a bit expensive, but seeing as how this might be out last Christmas together... No I couldn't think like that. I bought the coat, and we left Topshop.

"Keyland..." Andrea asked.

"Yeah?"

"I got almost everything I need..." She said looking down at her shoes.

"Who's gift are you missing?" I asked.

"Mycroft's..." She blushed.

"Oh girl! What are you thinking of getting him?" I smiled.

"That's the problem! I have no idea! What do you get the man who has everything...?" She pondered.

"Well, I think we need a break. My feet are killing me." I said spotting a frozen yogurt place. 

"Then lets get some fro yo." She smiled.

We took out yogurt outside and visited for a while. We were watching the people passing by when I noticed something across the street.

"Andrea. I know exactly what to get for Mycroft. Follow my lead... and let me do the talking..." I said tossing my bowl in the garbage and walking across the road to 'Loyd's Emporium'. I opened the door and the little belle jangled as we both walked in. A short dark haired man with a greasy mustache nodded to us from behind the till.

"Loyd I presume?" I asked coldly.

"Yeah." The man said boredly.

"My name is Keyland Jones... I need something from you." I said as I looked blankly around the little antique shop. 

"Jones!" The man said eyes widening.

"I don't have all day Mr. Loyd." I said impatiently.

"Who is the girl?" Loyd asked.

"My associate. Now do you have what I need or, do you feel like continuing to disrespect me." I spat slowly reaching into my purse.

"Of course I have what you need Miss Jones I'm sure you understand I need to make sure nobody sees this..."

"All I understand is you are wasting my time... Anthea lock the door." I barked.

"Ma'am I have something perfect for you please give me a chance!" The little man squeaked. 

"You have five minutes." I said.

"Thank you ma'am!" said the man running to the back of the store. We followed closely. The man walked up to a wall and pressed a part of it. It opened up into a small room full of antique weaponry.

"What do you have that would be an easy weapon for a man to conceal?" I asked.

"I would say this Ma'am." Said the shop owner as he handed me an ordinary umbrella.

"Pull on the handle." He said. I followed his directions and to my surprise I pulled a sword out of the umbrella.

"This is perfect Loyd." I smiled.

"Ah, but that is not all miss. May I?" I handed him back the sword. He twisted and pulled to reveal a small pistol.

"I can give you the bullets too." He said.

"Wonderful. We will take this and... these" I said gesturing to some dueling pistols, hidden lipstick knives, and a set of swords.

"Is that all ma'am?" Loyd said meeting us at the till.

"For today Loyd." I said reaching into my purse for my money.

"No Ma'am your father already payed." The greasy man smiled.

"What?" I ask.

"He payed millions of pounds so you can buy whatever you like here no charge." The man clarified.

"Thank you sir. I appreciate your honesty." I said coldly.

"If I may miss, your father may not have been a moral man. But he was a good friend, and he would have been so proud of you." Loyd smiled.

"Thank you sir." I said.

"You ladies have a good day now." He smiled.

"You too Loyd." said Andrea.

"Oh and miss Keyland, if you need anything call me." He smiled.

"I will." I said as we left the store.