Chapter 18: Anger and Darkness

Jasper POV:

Transfiguration wasn't very eventful. It just mostly consisted of talking to Theo and trying to ignore Draco, which I failed at miserably. When MacGonagal dismissed us, everyone piled out, ready for lunch.

I watched as everyone pushed and shoved past eachother, their laughing and squabbling blocking out any other noise. I sighed and looked around. The stairs I was on started moving causing me to trip and drop my books.

"Damn it." I whispered and knelt to pick them up. A tan hand reached down and grabbed one of my books. I gasped as our hands touched, causing me to shiver for some reason. 'Draco? But Draco is definatly not tan.'

I looked up and didn't recognize the boy in front of me. His blonde/brown hair was in a quiff, and his bright green blue eyes locked with mine. A feeling started in my stomach that I couldn't recognize. 'Who is this boy?' My cheeks flushed when he didn't look away.

I looked down at my books and continued to pick them up. His chuckle echoed in my ears and I stood up. "Thanks. So what's your name?" I asked holding out my hand while holding my books against my chest with the other.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." He winked and started to walk away. I dropped my hand and glared at his back a little. "Wait!" I ran after him and walked by his side. "So your a Slytherin?" I asked eyeing his robes.

"Yeah. Fourth year. I just transferred here from Australia." He said, as I realized his accent. I shivered a bit at it and then smiled. "Me too. Well I'm from America. So your really not going to tell me your name?" I asked. 'Who is this boy? I've never seen him before...'

"You never told me yours." He pointed out. I smirked and looked at him. "Never saw reason to." I shrugged. He chuckled and looked at me.

"Do you have any siblings?" He asked. "Yeah, a sister. Twin sister actually. She's in RavenClaw. You?" I asked seeing how easy it was to talk to him. "Yeah actually. Three older brothers, and two younger. We were the biggest family at my school in Australia. Wouldn't be surprised if we were here too." He laughed.

I smirked as the crowded, cozy Weasley house came to mind. "Actually, the Weasleys still beat you. Only by one kid though and they always have people over, me, my sister and the golden trio are always over there and are treated as family." I smiled. The Weasley's really felt like family, the family I always wanted.

"Are you a close friend of theirs?" He asked. "Defiantly. Fred and George are my best friends in the world! The Weasley's are like my family." I said happily.

"Oh. Are they Slytherins?" He asked seeming a little upset about something. 'Is he sad the twins are my best friends? No he can't be, don't be silly.'

"No, Gryffindors. The whole family are Gryffindors. What about your family? Are your brothers going here?" I asked really wanting to know about him.

"Two of my older brothers are and one younger. One in each house. My oldest brother is a chaser for the Cannons and the youngest is five so..." He said happily.

'Wait his brother is..?' "Your brother plays for the Cannons? That's amazing!" I said my excitement growing. 'His brother play for the Cannons? OMG!!!'

"You think? Do you like Quittich?" He asked smiling at he. "Yes, I'm going for Slytherin seeker, what about you?" I asked. 'If he goes for the team we could play on the team together!'

"Yeah I'm going to try out for chaser. That means we could be on the team together." He smiled.

I looked around and noticed we had stopped. We were outside the Slytherin Chambers on the other side of the great hall which is where we were supposed to be.