The Morning After

~~~ A little music for you to listen to while you read on the right :) ~~~

*******************************************************************

Tuesday, June 19

I woke up with a slight pain in my arm. I unwrapped Ray's arm from my waist and went into the kitchen. I checked the cupboards for the medicine. On my third try, I found the small white bottle and placed it on the counter. I grabbed a Sprite from the fridge and looked at the bottle.

Did the doctor say to take 1 or 2? Oh well, I'll start with 1 to be on the safe side.

I swallowed a small amount of sprite and put the pill in my mouth.

"Now that that's done, should I cook again?" I said to myself. I decided to make something small to hold everyone off and we could go to IHOP. I was getting the cooking spray from the shelf when I saw Roc getting out of his bunk.

"Hey Roc," I gave him a friendly smile.

"Wassup Nicole?" he returned the smile.

"I'm about to make some bacon and eggs"

"That's it?"

"Yup. I wanna go to IHOP so I'm only making something to hold us off."

"Oh that sounds good. You need any help?"

"Sure. You can make the bacon. Just get it out of the fridge and put 4 or 5 on the tray, or as much as you can fit on there."

He grabbed the bacon and put a few slices on the tray and popped it in the microwave.

"Can you toss me my sling?"

He went over to the couch and threw me the small black sling. After that, he walked into the bathroom.

I put on my sling and waited for the stove to heat up. I decided to turn on some music for company. I grabbed the remote from the table and played one of the hip-hop stations. Faded by Tyga was playing.

"Ayeee! This is my song!" I started dancing but stopped when I smelled something burning. I ran towards the kitchen and looked for what was burning.

"Ok it's not the stove. What's burning?" I looked up from the stove and saw a bunch of smoke in the microwave. I opened it and immediately a wave of smoke hit me in the face. I started coughing. A few seconds later, the smoke alarm went off.

(Side note- I doubt tour buses have smoke alarms but this one does lol)

"Where's the fire!!?" Walter came running out in his robe and slippers with a fire extinguisher. Everyone was awake and Roc had come out of the bathroom.

"What's with all the noise?!" Mikayla yelled. They all looked at me.

"Calm down, there is no fire," I told them, coughing a few more times. "Roc must have put the bacon in the microwave for too long. Roc how long did you put the bacon in there for?"

Everyone now looked at Roc, who had a towel wrapped around his waist and his toothbrush hanging out of his mouth.

"Uhh... 10 minutes"

"ROC!!" We all yelled at him.

"Have you never cooked bacon before?" Prod gave him a dumb look.

"Dude you almost burned us alive" Ray said.

"I'm sorry! I've never cooked bacon before! I used to eat dirt piles when I was little for goodness sake!"

"Alright well it seems as if breakfast is ruined." Keisha started.