Living Situation

Cory's POV

I felt really guilty leaving Lea all alone with her pissed off dad. While I was driving home, I started thinking more and more about what happened.

What if he told her that she can't be with me anymore?

Lea is the love of my life and I know that we are going to work something out if that's the case.

When I get home, I awkwardly strut through the house with my mom noticing.

"What happened to you?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"N-nothing."

Thank god the doorbell rang cause that conversation could of escalated into why I was really acting so weird.

As soon as I opened the door, Lea burst through and hugged me tightly. I hugged back but I walked her out front and closed the door so we had some privacy.

"Okay, tell me everything that happened with your dad." I say stroking her hair.

"Obviously, he was mad about us almost doing it, you know....and then he told me that he found out about us going skiing together."

That part I was not expecting to hear.

"What did he say about us?"

She looks really distressed and scared, did he do something to her?

"I stopped him front basically killing you, then me. But he told me something else...and I ran away."

"What did he say?"

"He..." She barely gets out that word before she breaks down.

I pull her into my chest to calm her, just like I did when we weren't even dating.

"Deep breaths, Lea. You can tell me."

"He killed her! Nobody murdered her, he did it himself!!!"

"Lea, I'm so sorry." I didn't know I was crying along with her until I saw my tears fall onto her hair.

"Cory, I don't know who he is, I don't know why he lied, I have nowhere to go."

"You have me, I'll convince my mom to let you stay here because I don't want you to go back there."

She doesn't speak, just a simple nod. I pull her up off my porch and we walk inside to the kitchen where my mom is reading something. "Hey, mom" I announce.

"Lea? What a surprise, what are you doing here?"

"Mom, I need to talk to you about something really serious." I walk over to my mom and pull her into the hallway so Lea can't hear us.

Before I speak, my mom slaps my face hard enough for me to be stunned. "Please tell me she's not pregnant, cause if she is then-"

"She isn't pregnant! Do you remember when her mom was murdered?" I ask seriously.

She nods.

"Lea just found out today that her dad murdered her

mom."

Guilt washes over my moms face. "I'm sorry I slapped you. What exactly are you asking from me?"

"Can she kinda live here, until we figure things out?" I plead.

My mom stops and thinks while looking at her feet then back at my face.

"Fine"

"Thank you mom, so so so much!!!" I lift her off her feet and hug her tightly.

"But I have a condition. She sleeps in the guest room, not with you because I don't trust either of you to that extent."

I groan but agree.

After me and my moms conversation, I rejoin Lea in the kitchen.

"Your staying!" I belt out. She walks over to me and gives me a big hug, then does the same to my mom.

"Thank you so much." I hear her whisper. "We would do anything for you, Lea." My mom replies returning the hug. "I'm going to get Lea settled into the guest room, you go get ready for work!" I say to my mom while grabbing Lea and pulling her up to the stairs.

"Cory, remember my condition?" She yells.

"Yeah, yeah!" I respond annoyed.

"What condition?" Lea asks while following me into the guest room. "You can't sleep in my room and I can't sleep in yours."

"Oh" I hear her mutter.

A heavy laugh leaves my mouth which makes her very confused.

"Don't worry, she's never here, you'll be sleeping with me." I wink at her.

She blushes.

"I'm leaving for the hospital, Cory! I'll be back tomorrow afternoon!" My mom yells from downstairs.

"Okay mom!!"

As soon as the door shuts closed, I grab Lea and shut my door as well.