Asking the Brother

Honey's POV

'How did I end up here?'  I questioned myself as I stood in front of Shuji's front door.

Feeling nervous, I shook my head and wiped my hands against my pants while taking a deep breath.

Everything had gone fine when they were planning what I could do to make it up to Shuji. After we finished planning though, Kyoya brought up the matter of Kano since he was still mad at me and still didn't trust me with Shuji. Haruhi had told me that I would have to go talk to Kano during classes tomorrow and talk to him about what I really feel for Shuji.

Sighing, I finally brought up the courage. Reaching up, I rang the doorbell and waited in nervous silent. The door finally opened to reveal Kano with a big smile, which soon was replaced with a cold stare realizing it was me.

My crushes brother leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms. "What do you want?" He questioned.

Taking a deep breath, I shifted from foot to foot slightly while looking him in the eyes. "I was...wondering if I could talk to you for a bit....about Shuji."

After waiting for a bit, I had started to feel nervous about the possibility of him denying my request until he finally nodded and allowed me in.

We made our way to the living room and sat down on opposite chairs. Clearing my throat I began to speak my case.

"First...I just want to say that I honestly didn't mean to make Shuji cry yesterday. I didn't mean to and I regret it greatly." Waiting a bit, I glanced up at him and continued. "I had made a promise to Shuji, before, that I would be there for him no matter what....and I can't stand the thought that I had been the one who caused him to cry really...really makes me regret my actions." Feeling a little uneasy with memories of Shujii's tear streaked face, I took a deep breath and continued on.

"But I really do care for Shuji and I want to make it right by apologizing, not only to Shuji but also to you, for my ignorance...." I lead off and waited for the man in front of me to respond.

We waited in silence for a while until Kano finally responded. "What else do you want? Because you surely didn't come all this way to apologize."

Surprised that he had asked me this, I responded. "I...I also wanted to make things right. I want to ask you for permission to date Shuji, if he will accept me...."

Silence came over us again as I waited for Kano to something. 'What if he refuses....? What if I'll never be able to tell Shuji how I really feel.... I don't think I can handle that...."

A sigh from Kano inturupted my thoughts. ".....If you harm my little brother...I will not hesitate to make your life a living Hell." He stated and gave me a soft smile. "You have a lot of guts to own up to your mistakes....I give you my permission."

Feeling overjoyed, I felt myself relax while smiling. "Thank you. You wont regret it." I watch as Kano sits back and gives me a smile

"Now, what are you going to do to make it up to my little brother?"