TWELVE

It's a beautiful thing, waking up to someone who's stolen your heart. Though it's said that it only takes four minutes to fall in love, I can't say for sure that's what it is. But it's so damn close.

"Don't pretend like you're asleep. Should I find a way to wake you up?" His breath is warm against my neck.

"I can think of a few ways to. But I'm hungry, so I think it's time for breakfast. Or lunch. What time is it?" I turn to face him grinning like the Cheshire Cat, opening my sleep-laced eyes.

"Just past eleven. Seeing as you're already late for work, how about another round?" I roll my eyes at his nerve.

"My mouth's still sore from that leather."

"I did tell you to be quiet. You brought that onto yourself."

"You can't deny that your name doesn't sound exquisite when I moan it out." His lips touch mine in a feather-like way, the passion from this morning still there.

"No, I cannot. But 'my king' is something far better," he teases.

"Okay, I said that once." He looks at me, smirking and looking innocent at the same time. "You're not letting that go anytime soon, are you?"

"Never, my queen." I pull him close once more, this kiss full of pride and euphoria.

"Oh, I could get used to this."

"I'm pretty sure we both could, love." I place my head on his chest, his heartbeat my new favourite song. His fingers embed themselves in my scalp, stroking and massaging my jumbled thoughts away.

"Do you think you'll ever be able to go out in public properly again?"

"Only if I have a beautiful woman by my side," he says, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"Keep complimenting me, and you just might."

"Well, in that case, I think you're a smart, gorgeous woman, who makes my dull life a little brighter." I tilt my head up to meet his glittering eyes.

"You are bold, aren't you? Also, I don't think you can have a dull life if you live with the Avengers."

"You did ask me to compliment you. I aim to please."

"No, no -- you aim to get me out of my trousers."

"It worked this morning, didn't it?" He has the audacity to wink at me.

"Oh, you cheeky bastard!" I wriggle out of his entrapping hold, my bare form sliding out from under the duvet.

"Love, please don't be upset." I turn to face his now sitting form in the bed.

"I'm not upset. I'm just going to have a shower. By myself." I shut the ensuite door and lock it, making sure he won't come in.

I turn on the water, droplets hitting the mosaic tiles. I tie up my hair before entering, the cool water refreshing both my mind and body. I close my eyes and let the feelings of intensity wash away.

"I'm not an easy man to get away from, love." I snap my eyes open at the seductive voice.

"Loki! What are you doing?!" I attempt to cover myself with my hands, feeling strangely abashed at the thought of him seeing my uncovered body, even if he is just as naked.

"Joining you," he says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"God, I should've known a lock wouldn't keep you out. But we are not having sex right now." I go back to washing the soap off of my body.

"I actually came in to tell you that you have three missed calls from Violet. Getting to continue seeing you naked is an added delight." I slap him gently on the upper arm.

"Not. Funny."

I turn off the shower, stepping out carefully enough not to slip. I dry off quickly and step into my wardrobe, trying to get dressed as quickly as possible.

I slip into a suit and heels in record time, before racing back into the bathroom to brush my hair and apply some light makeup.

"Relax, love. Do you want me to help you with anything?"

"Yes please," I sigh. "Text Anderson to have the car ready in seven. The new Corvette." He wanders back into the bedroom.

I curl my lashes after applying mascara, lipstick following suit. I check my face in the mirror one last time before heading back out.

"Here you go, love." I noticed he's finally dressed when he passes me my phone and bag, placing a kiss to my lips.

"Oh, you're an angel. I'll let you know if I'll be home tonight."

"Don't fret, darling. I'm sure everything's alright."

"I hope so." I give him a reassuring smile, before legging it out of the flat.

I end up in the car in just under three minutes and Anderson practically launches the car out of the garage.

"Where to, miss?" I check the text from Vi.

"Stark Tower. I want you to floor it over there and then go get Mike. I might need some help later."

"Yes, miss."

He's driving so fast that if you didn't know and trust him, you'd probably be scared for your life right about now. I'm thankful for his speed though because we get there in just under fifteen minutes.

"Park as close to the building as you can," I say, slipping on my sunglasses and stepping out of the car.

I manage to slip past the few paparazzi without having to answer any questions. The moment I arrive in front of the entry, I'm pulled inside by the girl who's been badgering me since eleven.

"Oh, Ana, thank God you're here," she says, pulling me into a tight hug.

"What's wrong, sweetheart? What happened?" I pull back, keeping a tight grip on her shoulders while searching her worried eyes.

"Oh, it's horrible! They painted the walls in Rocky Slope instead of Nimbus Cloud and now they're refusing to fix it unless we pay extra and oh my God how did I ever think I could major in architecture?!" Tears start spilling out of hysteria and I can't stop myself from chuckling.

"Oh, Vi." I wipe the water from her cheeks. "It'll be fine. I'll fix this mess while you finish up all your plans, and university is going great! I've had some talks with your professors and they're just full of praises."

"You really think we can fix this?" she sniffles.

"Anything for family."