Chapter 5 Part III -- Titania Erza Scarlet

When they arrived at Oshibana Station, the gateway to the station had been blocked. Hundreds of passengers, who was about to board the train, had been shunned entrance. Erza and the gang tiptoed to the left wing and slithered into the building through a malfunctioning sliding door. 

They speared up the escalators and searched floor by floor for any recognizable faces. The station served as the hub of local famous cuisines, and had twelve floors in total, with a floating garden located on the top floor. It used to be busy, but now all the people had been evacuated.

While they were circuiting around the maze-like station, they heard shooting sound coming from the floor above them. Without dilly-dallying, they sped to the tenth floor, where they saw soldiers, hundreds of them, laying spread-eagle on the stone-cold floor. Their guns bent, their spears broken, their shields dented. Blood pooled on the white marble tiles; metallic odour lingered in the air. A wave of nausea rolled in Lucy's gut at the gory sight.

Eerie laughter broke out from behind a door. "Come in, flies. I've put up a show for you."

"He's there!" Erza hopped over the corpses and landed her kick on the door.

It sprang open, just in time for the Fairy Tail's mages to witness a male mage with pointy lilac-coloured hair slitting through the neck of a soldier with a humongous scythe. His black eyes glinted with malice at the sight of blood. The cross tattoos at his lower eyelids elongated at the euphoric muscle movement. Hundreds of dark mages banged the hilts of their swords on the floor, cheering at the slaughter which their leader had just committed.

When the cheering faltered, the lilac-haired mage said, "You are here as expected, flies. Did you enjoy the show?" The mage let go of his scythe, but to Lucy's surprise, it didn't drop on the floor. Instead, it floated. With a slight jump, he eased himself into a sitting position on his scythe. He placed one of his legs on the scythe's handle, while the other one he kept it dangling in mid-air. Tribal symbols, as if being ignited, snaked around his naked chest and his hands. 

"Bastard Eligor! What are you planning to do with Lullaby?" shouted Erza.  

The leader of Eisenwald, Eligor, answered her with a burst of ear-splitting laughter. The long semi-translucent scarf which was coiling from his neck till his ankles fluttered non-stop as he laughed. Even by listening to his laughter made Lucy's blood disperse into nano-size molecules.

It wasn't until his laughter had trailed away that he spoke, "Think, flies. What can we make use of a station?" His tone was of inconsistent high and low, like the howling of the wind.

"You're planning to broadcast Lullaby?" asked Erza.

"Indeed. There are hundreds of people outside this station. No, wait. If we increase the volume, the whole town will be listening! The melody of death... So beautiful..." He licked his lips, savouring the taste of his pent-up vengeance. 

"You're planning to make innocent people listen to Lullaby?"

"Innocent? It aches my ears to hear such word slipping out of your mouth. After your kind had scraped away the rights of Eisenwald!" His voice raised an octave higher. "It's a sin to have lived in the ignorance of other's unfairness. That's why the Grim Reaper has come to punish them."

"Knock it off! Your rights won't be restored even if you do that. You were banned from the Confederation because you did horrible things," Lucy reprimanded. 

Natsu, Gray, and Happy were taken aback at her sudden courage.

"Rights? We didn't come this far for rights! It's time to replace this cheerful world with a darker realm. Too bad, all of you will go to Hell before seeing the Dark Age I'm about to create. Guys, I'll leave them to the rest of you. Show them how fearsome Eisenwald is!"