Chapter 6 Part II -- The Wind Mage

"Oy, Eligor!" Natsu rocketed towards the lilac-haired mage, piloted by the flying Happy. "This is Happy's max speed! How's it? It's faster than your Wind Magic, of course!"

"Natsu..." Happy grimaced and dropped Natsu in the middle of the aerial railroad. His wings retreated into his body. "I'm sorry. I can't fly anymore. My magic is drained out."

"You've done a great job, Happy. Thanks a lot." Natsu climbed up from the fall and scanned his surroundings. Eligor was just a stone's throw away from him. "Oy, give me that flute back!"

"You broke out from my Magic Wind Wall! What a pest! But you won't live long! Taste this!" Eligor crossed his index fingers. A circle of violet rune shone out as he muttered an incantation.

Whirlwinds gyrated out from around the gorge and closed in towards Natsu. The wind tried to wrestle Natsu's scarf from his shoulders, and Natsu tugged it back with much struggle. As if provoked, the wind gnawed at his face, marring his sienna skin with splotches and streams of crimson. Natsu's vision blurred. He squinted to see where Eligor was but to no avail. With a whooshing sound, the whirlwinds formed into a cyclone and threw Natsu down the gorge. 

"You're too weak, Fairy Tail's fly! That's the ending for being nosy! BAHAHAHAHA!" His shrill laughter echoed around the gorge like the wail of a ghost. "Now, get out of my way, filthy cat!" 

Eligor kicked Happy at his belly when he was trying to fly towards Natsu. The blue cat mewled and collapsed again on the aerial railroad. Natsu's scream of pain ached his heart. 

As Natsu's head bumped onto the rocks on the gorge, he fell unconscious. The scene in front of him became a total whiteness. Old Man... His inner voice called out. Master Makarov's face showed up in his mind. Then, he saw Makao. One of his best friends in Fairy Tail.

"You are useless, man," Makao lectured in front of the bar counter. "Take a good look at this." A ribbon of purple flame danced in the air, circling past the ears of two beer glasses. 

"The glasses! They didn't catch fire!" the younger version of Natsu exclaimed in admiration.

"This is Purple Flare." Makao grabbed the beer and gulped down the contents before saying, "My magic can do a lot more than just burn things down."

"Mine just burn everything."

"You can change the properties of your fire. If you wish it from your heart, the fire will respond naturally to your will. If you do that, even fire won't lose to water or wind."

I won't lose. Natsu jolted up from his dream. Makao's words were like the addictive to an engine. Shaking off his dizziness, Natsu blew out a torrent of fire as he directed his head downwards. As the flame hit the rocks, it repelled and became a strong force, spurring him upwards. 

Eligor was already half a mile away from Natsu, but the fact that Natsu was still alive irked him. He turned around and crossed his index fingers again, this time setting up a wind wall around him. The wind circling around him then expanded, until it formed a hurricane. Eligor's body doubled inside it. Natsu attempted to punch Eligor, but his flame died out upon hitting the twirling hurricane. Yowling in pain, he removed his blistered fist out of it.

"The Storm Mail's winds constantly blow outward. You can never reach me." Tonnes of pebbles shot out of the hurricane. Like knives, they slashed at Natsu's skin. Coarse sand landed on his wounds, maximizing his agony. "Flame can never defeat wind! Now, eat this! Emerald Baram!" 

Hundreds of gigantic sand balls with red eyes sped towards Natsu. When they reached him, their maws opened up like man-eating flowers. Their fangs, sharp and solid, gnawed through Natsu's flesh and pierced into his bones. Natsu's anger magnified. He had never been defeated in a fight, except the ones with Erza. Pain and rage whipped him when Igneel's voice thundered in his head. A real man doesn't cry out in pain. Fight back!