Chapter 15 -- Lucy's Being Kidnapped

When Lucy opened her eyes, she found herself lying on the cold floor of a stone cellar. She squinted her eyes and when her irises adjusted to the brightness of the prison, she hauled herself into a sitting position. Sunrays pierced into the prison through an opened window. Judging from the howling of the wind, she assumed that she was being locked up at the topmost floor of a tower. She tried to stand up, only to find herself falling again.

She looked down. Thorny vines crawled around her limbs. With a yelp, she wrestled, attempting to free herself. But at each of her struggle, the thorns gnawed into her flesh deeper. Lucy felt her socks wet with her blood. The coarse woody surface of the vines rubbed against her wounds, sizzling them. She had no choice but to remain still while she planned her escape. When she studied the cellar, her eyes landed on a pile of skeletons lying on a corner. She let out a cry of shock, which had successfully attracted a family of crawlies towards her. She screamed again when the tall metal door with bones embedded along the brims sprang open.

A mage in his early-forties walked in, bringing a weird foul odour. Lucy's nose scrunched up in discomfort. The man donned himself a violet robe and long green pants, which made him look akin to an eggplant. A huge pair of bat wings jutted out from behind his back. A violet pointy hat covered down to his eyes, resulting in the only visible violet lips to look even more gruesome. Healthy acnes thrived on his cheeks, feeding on the oil dripping from his hair.

"You're definitely a Sleep Beauty, Lucy Makarov. Two days and a half. You broke the record of all of my prisoners." He didn't sound like he was complimenting Lucy. "Did your grandfather train you so hard that you couldn't even get a decent sleep? Just like how he did to Laxus?"

Lucy's eyes widened in shock at the mentioning of Laxus' name.

With a smirk, the mage continued, "Poor girl, you've been shunned in your tiny world all this time, not knowing anything about yourself." He didn't sound like he was sympathizing Lucy either. Crouching down, he lifted up Lucy's chin with a talon-like finger.

"Don't touch me! Who are you?"

The mage placed the very same finger to Lucy's lips. Lucy refrained her urge to puke. The mage smelled like bat's dang. Not that Lucy had ever known how a bat's dang smelled like, but she guessed this must be the stench. Still sitting on the floor with her limbs tied up, Lucy maneuvered herself away from him with her backside. But the mage pulled her to him again. As they were mere centimeters away, Lucy could see his black eyes sparkle in manic excitement.

"Shh, can you hear it?" He pointed a finger downward.

Curious, Lucy's ears pricked up in alertness. The floor underneath her grumbled as if someone was hammering on it. In the distance, she seemed to hear the faint battle cry like For Fairy Tail! Someone must've come to her rescue, and he or she was now putting up a tough fight.

The mage smirked again. "You're right. Despite your weak power, your intelligence surprises me. I've been dreaming of taking over that nosy Makarov for decades. But attacking him when he's inside the Fairy Tail's building is impossible. He seems to be invincible, whenever he has his feet glued onto it. Then, I thought, what if I lure him out of the building to mine, two hundred miles away from his power base? And the only thing that could make him take the bait is you."

"The members of Fairy Tail are all strong! You won't succeed!"

"Uh-ah, you're wrong this time." The mage wiped Lucy's spittle away from his cheeks with trained patience. "Not all of them are strong." Savouring Lucy's embarrassment, his malicious grin became broader. "Laxus is powerful. I must admit that my crews could hardly land a fist on him. But you're different. I've never expected that someone from the same bloodline to be this lousy. I assume Kana never realized the prescription of the Forgetful Draught to be over-dosage."