Chapter 8 Part I -- Natsu VS Erza

Master Makarov's soul flew out of his temple, eager to seek a more serene hideout.

"Master, don't drift too far! You have to judge our battle tomorrow!" Natsu jumped anxiously to grab the dwarf-like silvery silhouette. "Happy, go bring Master back!"

"Aye, Sir!" Happy flapped his wings and soared to the dark sky.

The guild masters laughed as Happy wrestled with the slippery silhouette. 

Minutes later, Master Bob shouted to the air, "Makarov, you should come down now! Look how anxious you've made these younglings!" He didn't forget to blow a kiss at Kageyama. 

"How did Master do that?" Lucy asked in wonder as Master Makarov willed his subconscious self into his temple. "It's like having your soul split out of your body and then calling it back."

"Tricky magic, eh, that one," said Master Bob. "For Natsu, Gray, and Erza's case, their basic-level magic has solid form. However, there are many advanced magic skills out there which are invisible to the common eyes, such as the Telepathy Transmission Magic which allows one to talk mind-to-mind with another. Every mage can do it, though it takes years of experience to cultivate it. For this Soul-Splitting Magic, only a proficient Light Mage can perform it." 

Lucy gasped. "Master is a Light Mage?"

"It's really unfair that one can possess so many skills and abilities. No, Makarov is not a Light Mage. He's a Light Mage with giant blood."

Giant... Lucy grimaced in awkwardness as she studied the dwarf-like man, who was now reasoning with the heads of the other guilds about the missing meeting hall. He didn't seem to have giant blood in him, but then Lucy remembered seeing Master's leg became ten times larger than its original size when he stopped Natsu and Gray's fight. 

So, I'm a Light Mage, just like Master. Was Aunt Marge a Light Mage too? Are the mages with similar power all related to one another? The way Mr. Pompkins looked at Lucy made Lucy feel like she was an heir of someone powerful. She really wanted to know who her parents were. Her eyes watered at the thought of how little she knew.

Master Bob patted her shoulder. "If it was me, I won't try forcibly to mingle the past, the present, and the future together. What will come will come. A forced truth, sometimes, will bring horrible impacts to the owner. Well, aren't you hungry?"

Lucy's stomach rumbled mysteriously all of a sudden. Master Makarov had arranged a stay-over at Clover Town Resort. Their luggage had been sent to their room. When they were having supper at the banquet hall, they received some soul-balming news that all the members of Eisenwald had been arrested by the military. However, Eligor was still on the loose. After being attended by an in-house doctor, a policeman put Kageyama in handcuffs too.

"Kage!" Erza stood up from her chair so abrupt that she tipped over the furniture. As if nothing had happened, she grabbed a fork and a knife, the eagle-on-a-hunt glare in her eyes.

"I deserve this." Kageyama halted in front of her. "Thank you for believing in me that I could help in dispelling the Magic Wind Wall." He nodded in gratitude at Natsu and Gray too as he rounded past the table. On his way out, he cast a longing glance at Lucy. His eyes glistened in tears. "I'll never forget your kindness. We shared the same childhood. Dark and solemn. But you, all of you, taught me that the choice actually lays in our own hand. I know what to do now."

The police gave him a pat at the back, and Kageyama walked out of the door, never look back. 

That night, Lucy, Erza, Natsu, Gray, and Happy shared an Executive Suite.