Chapter 19 -- Gray VS Juvia

Happy returned to the group, after putting Gray on top of the automaton's head. 

Gray's black eyes scanned the surrounding. He was shocked to see that the entire space was actually a huge well-trimmed garden bed. Pink Tulips flourished. Yellow Canaries thrived. Amazed, Gray prepared to wander around, when raindrops began to pelt on him. 

A blue shadow appeared out from the curtain of rain. Gray wiped the water away from his eyes. As his vision became clearer, he saw a young lady about his age, with blue shoulder-length hair, walked towards him. Stepping on a pair of blue silicone boots, her footsteps sounded like raindrops themselves. Firm in her grip was a blue umbrella. Gray eyed her with seething suspicion and increasing interest nonetheless. It was a weird feeling he had never felt.

Everything about her was blue. Gray couldn't help but feel enthralled.

"Falling gently, like the raindrops." The white highlights at the lower part of her hair wavered like ferocious waves under the wind. "The rain had fallen non-stop ever since Juvia was born," the Raindrop Lady muttered to herself in a liquidized tone which was devoid of any emotions. It wasn't until she had almost bumped into Gray that she noticed his existence. She regarded Gray with her soulless blue eyes as she said, "I'm Juvia from Element Four. Who are you?"

"Element Four, eh. Then, you don't deserve my name. However, I'm willing to tell you that I'm from Fairy Tail. I would've beaten you to a pulp but I don't want to fight a woman. Plus, you're not my match. Surrender now before any blood-spill." He returned her stare with a furious glare.

For ten heartbeats, they looked at each other, without even batting their eyelids. The rain fell more heavily as the seconds ticked by. Gray was befuddled to find his heart drum in his ears. He hoped that the female mage in front of him wouldn't hear that. 

Colour rose to Juvia's cheeks and she turned to walk away. "Juvia has lost. Have a nice day."

"Hey, wait! Do you really surrender--"

"Surrender? No, Juvia will never surrender on the name of love," the Raindrop Lady muttered. "Juvia doesn't want to fight this man. But he's the enemy of Phantom." Juvia turned to face Gray again. She shouted an incantation and in split seconds, a huge water bubble enshrouded Gray.

Irked, Gray charged his power. The sharp edges of mistletoe cut through the bubble, freeing him.

Grabbing her chest, Juvia gasped, "He escaped from Juvia's water lock. So amazing!"

"Hey, what-- what happened? Are you hurt?" 

Mistaking Juvia's cause of panic, Gray dashed towards her. Juvia's face darkened all of a sudden as the guilty conscience about her desires overpowered her. She had to preserve Phantom and Element Four's notorious name. She smirked at Gray as she focused on a spell-word. Without warning, the space surrounding them became flooded. It was as if they were floating in a gigantic aquarium. In front of him, Juvia's face was a grim mask as she mustered her magic. Like an invisible mallet, the water pressure hammered Gray's lungs. Gray cursed as he greedily gasped for air. He swore at his recklessness as he willed his mind to concentrate.

A scream filled the air as a dozen of ice arrows swirled towards Juvia, piercing through her body. Even with his eyes closed in exhaustion, Gray was certain that he'd triumphed. When his breathing became steady, he opened his eyes. The water had evaporated, leaving a faint scent like the morning dew. Seconds later, he climbed up from his fall to check how badly the Raindrop Lady was hurt, only to find her shimmering in mid-air like a mirage.

"Juvia's body is made of water. Physical attack is futile against Juvia."

Gray sang his praise about Juvia's calmness silently, but he had to gain control of the situation.