chapter 16 punishment

Karamatsu opened his eyes after hearing some weird noise. What time was it? Did it even matter?

Karamatsu leaned against the wall, shivering as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

After several seconds, Karamatsu heard a faint noise coming from the corner of the room. It sounded like someone...crying?

Karamatsu slowly, and hesitantly turned around. It was almost pitch black in there but Karamatsu could still make out what looked like someone hunched over in the corner of the cold, dark room.

The pale figure hung their head down, hugging their knees, almost as if they were trying to hide their face. They were wearing a light blue sweater and dark jeans. They had short dark hair, it was a little messy.

The only thing that could be heard from them was soft whimpering.

Karamatsu sat there in silence, not knowing what to do.

"Um.. Hello?" Karamatsu said quietly, furrowing his brows. Somehow Karamatsu found the courage to move closer.

The figure figure only backed further into the corner in response.

"H-hey, what's wrong?" Karamatsu asked, moving closer.

The figure mumbled something before burying their face even further into their sleeves.

"What?" Karamatsu asked.

The figure paused before repeating what it said more clearly.

"This.... is my punishment...." they said, trying to hold back more tears.

"Punishment?" Karamatsu asked, his brows furrowing.

The figure slowly looked up. Karamatsu's eyes widened. Even in the dark Karamatsu could still see who it was.

It was him, no rather it was the original Karamatsu from this world.

His face was wet with tears and his blue eyes dimly glowed in the dark, no whites, just an inky shade of black.

The locket hung on a chain around his neck. His eyes seemed to be full of sadness. "....you know..he won't let you out." he said, hugging his knees tighter.

"What?"

"Osomatsu niisan.." mirror Kara said, his eyes nervously darting around the room. "He'll leave you in here for hours.. Don't bother trying to get him to let you out... Its pointless"

Karamatsu looked at the door, knowing that he was going to be here for a while but still..

"Osomatsu!" Karamatsu yelled almost certain that he would be met with no response.

Mirror Kara sighed, looking away "Banging on the door won't work, screaming won't work, and begging won't work either. He'll ignore you..."

"Just wait... He'll let you out.. Eventually"

Karamatsu remained silent for a while before speaking.

"Does he....did he lock you in here often?" Karamatsu asked

Mirror Kara paused before nodding in response, gripping his sleeves.

"I hate it.." mirror Kara said quietly, tears beginning to sting in his eyes once again. "I wish he would just listen to me.." He said, feeling a wave of pain on his chest.

He felt tears uncontrollably pouring from his eyes as he held his head in his hands.

"Osomatsu niisan.. Why.. Why why why!?" he sobbed, the pain in his chest getting worse by the second.