chapter 4. A warm welcome

Karamatsu woke up to a bright light shining in his face. He quickly shielded his eyes with his hand, blocking out the sunlight coming from the window.

His brothers weren't in the room with him. "They woke up before me?" Karamatsu mumbled to himself as he got up, closing the curtain.

Karamatsu was normally the one to wake up first and he found it odd that his brothers didn't attempt to wake him up.

He just shrugged as he yawned, stretching his arms. "What time even is it?" he asked himself, grabbing his phone and checking the time"

It was three pm. "I was asleep for that long?!" Karamatsu practically yelled as he stared at his phone's screen. He had pretty much slept half the day away.

"Well... Its not like I actually do anything productive during the day anyway" he said to himself, making his way to the closet and changing his clothes.

He pulled a blue sweatshirt over his head and put on some jeans before rolling the sleeves up and walking down the stairs, into the living room.

Osomatsu, Ichimatsu, and Todomatsu were the only ones there. He quickly cleared his throat before speaking.

"Hello my brothers i have returned~" Karamatsu said in his cool tone. Osomatsu looked up from the manga he was reading and smiled.

"Hey Kara" he said, setting the book aside. " geez, took ya long enough to wake up" Oso said with a chuckle. "You even woke up later than I do."

"Yes it appears I have overslept brother, just a little bit" Karamatsu said as he chuckled softly.

"Good, stay asleep. Don't wake up next time" Ichimatsu mumbled. He was in a bad mood already for some unknown reason.

"Oiii Ichimatsuuuu. Don't say that! If that happened then I wouldn't get to spend any time with Karamachuuu~" Osomatsu said childishly, crossing his arms

At this point Todomatsu had turned the volume up on his phone ridiculously high. He'd rather risk damaging his hearing than listen to his brother's whining.

Karamatsu changed the subject. "Where have our other dear brothers gone Totty?" he asked, sitting down and sparkling his eyes.

"Eh??" Todomatsu asked loudly, lowering the volume on his phone.

"Where have our brothers gone?" Karamatsu repeated. "Oh I don't even know nor do I care. They could be at the store, or at Chibita's, or in hell, you never know" Todomatsu said, not bothering to look up from his phone.

"Um.. Okay then?" Karamatsu said before speaking again "hey Totty would you like to spend some time with me? Maybe we could-". Todomatsu turned the volume up completely, blocking out all noise. "Mm.. Okay maybe some other time then" Karamatsu said, inching away from Todomatsu. Boredom was looming around the corner.

"Ichimatsuu" Karamatsu said, turning towards the fourth born brother. Ichimatsu scowled, looking up at his older brother. He was for some reason in an extremely bitchy mood.

" what. Do. You. Want?" he said in a deep, threatening voice.
"N-nothing nevermind" Karamatsu said, awkwardly chuckling as he backed away.

"Guess there's one person left to ask now" Kara thought to himself, turning to Osomatsu.

"Surely he'd want to-" Osomatsu had fallen asleep while reading. "That was fast he was just awake a few seconds ago" Karamatsu thought to himself, disappointed.

Karamatsu let out a sigh of defeat, sitting back with his back against the wall. He turned towards the mirror, leaning against the wall. "Just Maybe...." he thought, getting up from his spot to retrieve the mirror.

"What are you doing?" Ichimatsu asked as Karamatsu picked up the mirror, glancing at his reflection before focusing on what Ichimatsu was asking.

"Nothing for you to worry about my dear brother" Karamatsu said quickly turning to leave. Ichimatsu rolled his eyes. Will you answer the damn question-

At this point, Karamatsu was already walking up the stairs. "Goddamn it. Karamatsu what the hell?"

Karamatsu had made it up the stairs and closed the door behind him, paying no attention to his younger brother.

"What a jackass" Ichimatsu said angrily, crossing his arms. Todomatsu glared at Ichimatsu, shooting him an annoyed look before quickly looking away and focussing his attention on his phone.

Karamatsu propped the mirror up against the wall, hoping that everything he saw last night wasn't a dream and that he wasn't wasting his time.

He just had to see if he was right. "Osomatsu... Are you there?" he asked, hoping for a response.

Silence...

"Hello?..."

Still no response..

Karamatsu looked down at the floor, disappointed. "Of course. How could I be this gullible? Its too good to be true. There's no way anything like that could exis-"

The glass on the mirror was glowing in a faint shade of blue. Karamatsu could no longer see his reflection.

He heard the sound of someone's voice. Osomatsu's voice. He was singing.

Karamatsu's eyes lit up. "I knew it was real!" he said exitedly before crawling in without hesitation.

He didn't know that Ichimatsu was listening in from the other side of the door. "Shittymatsu who the hell are you talking to? He asked opening the door only to be confused. Karamatsu was already gone. The mirror looked normal. "What the fuck are you hiding Karamatsu?"

...

The singing was louder and clearer. Osomatsu's singing voice accompanied by the sound of the piano was the most angelic thing Karamatsu had heard all day.

The music was coming from a room, down the hallway. With each step it got louder and easier to make out the lyrics.

"I know you belong to somebody new but tonight you belong to me" Osomatsu sang flawlessly.

Karamatsu had never heard this song before but it sounded nice

Although we're apart you're part of my heart and tonight you belong to me

Osomatsu continued to sing, his fingers hitting the keys perfectly

"Way down by the stream how sweet it will seem"

Karamatsu was standing right by the door, listening to the singing voice of his i guess...fake brother

"Once more just to dream in the moonlight"

Osomatsu didn't seem to notice Karamatsu at the door at all. He stayed focused on the piano keys and his singing.

"My honey, I know with the dawn that you will be gone"

"But tonight you belong to me"

Oso looked up at Karamatsu, smiling as he finished singing and pressed the last key.

"Welcome back Karamatsu"

A quick little drawing of Mirror Oso cause I was bored idk :)