Chapter 21 make a break for it

Ichi looked back towards the house and sighed as Karamatsu pushed his way through the branches, observing his surroundings.

Everything looked different. There weren't any bright colors anymore, everything in that forest was either, gray, black, or a dark shade of red, Almost like blood.

Karamatsu was definitely unsettled by this. "Why has everything changed? What's going on??" Karamatsu asked, looking back at Ichi.

"Its Osomatsu" Ichi replied. "This world is primarily controlled by him and because he's in that shitty state, well that puts this world in a shitty state."

Karamatsu's brows furrowed. He had no idea that Osomatsu had that big of an impact on this world.

It was silent for a while before they heard a sudden noise.

"IcHi!" a loud voice said

"Wha- whose that?" Karamatsu asked

Ichi sighed, looking at Kara. "Don't worry, its just Jyushi-" Ichi barely had time to say before a fuzzy, yellow raccoon, practically threw himself at Ichi.

"Woah calm down!" Ichi said before Jyushi sat up, trying to keep himself from moving around.

"Ah, sorry Ichi!" Jyushi replied. Jyushi Stared at Karamatsu, tilting his head.

Karamatsu's brows furrowed in response to the look that was given.

"Karamatsu-chan. He'll be looking for you." Jyushi said blankly, almost in a creepy way.

Jyushi's smile remained on his face, as if it were just a normal thing that happens every now and again.

"I won't tattle, but Osomatsu-san is gonna notice you're gone sooner or later!" Jyushi said, earning a slightly annoyed look from Ichi

Karamatsu looked away, sighing before crouching down to Jyushi's level. "Do you know where a vintage mirror may be? One with a gold frame."

Karamatsu asked, shivering as the wind blew through the leaves.

Jyushi's smile disappeared, as he looked down, pondering. He frantically shook his head, a slightly apologetic look on his face.

Karamatsu sighed. Of course he wouldn't be able to find it that easily, although it would be nice to.

Ichi tugged at Karamatsu's sleeve. "Come on let's go" Ichi said before Karamatsu nodded, standing up.

"Be careful kara-chan!" Jyushi yelled before disappearing into the woods.

Karamatsu looked back only to turn back around, continuing on.

Just how the hell was he gonna find this mirror?

____________________________________

Osomatsu sat up on the couch, lifting his head and taking a deep breath. Somehow he was able to regain his composure.

He slowly stood up, stretching as exhaled a deep breath. He was gonna prove that he could keep Karamatsu happy and safe even if it Kills him.

Slowly but surely, he made his way to Karamatsu's bedroom, Knocking on the door.

"Kara-chan" he said in almost a motherly tone. "I think i owe you an apology." He said, acknowledging just how terrifying he can be once his inner demons are triggered.

When he was met with no response, Osomatsu sighed. "Look, I know the only reason you tried to leave was because you were scared and I really didn't mean to hurt you." Osomatsu said, looking down at the floor.