Chapter 24 hopeful harmony

Osomatsu looked around, his vision blurred but his heart still racing. That dream he had about Karamatsu was plaguing his thoughts like a bad taste in his mouth.

He couldn't wait any longer. There was no way he could wait any longer. He needed his brother home and safe. He didn't care that he was tired. He didn't care that it was the middle of the night, this needed to stop.

He ran his fingers through his damp, messy hair before slowly standing up, the blanket shifting. He scanned each and every one of his brother's faces, hoping they wouldn't wake up. Quietly, he tiptoed towards the door, his eyes widening and shooting worried glances towards his brothers every time the floor would creak.

He froze like a deer in the headlights when he saw choromatsu move. Choromatsu had always been a light sleeper, so one wrong move and he'd end up waking him up.

Osomatsu let out a long breath that he didn't know he had been holding in when Choromatsu stopped moving. He seemed to have found a more comfortable sleeping position.

Osomatsu turned his head, swiftly and quietly making his way down the steps. He'd spotted the mirror in the living room in its normal spot. Osomatsu looked around, his heart beating out of his chest almost as if he was unsure of his actions.

quickly, he tiptoed towards it, the mirror almost immediately in his grasp as he sat down on the living room floor. His brows were furrowed, his breath shaky. He was anxious.

What if he'd never get this to work? What if karamatsu really was trapped and was never coming back? He swallowed hard, his hand tracing the surface of the mirror.

Osomatsu still saw nothing but his own reflection.

There was a long, quiet pause. Only the sound of the wind blowing outside and the ticking of the clock could be heard. What time was it anyway?

'Time', He thought
He was running out of time.

And then he spoke.

"Karamatsu.." he whispered. "Please, can you hear me?"

Nothing happened. The same silence from before was what he was met with.

"Karamatsu please.." he said, letting out a sigh and beginning to tear up. "We need you here. We need you home. I need you home.."

Still, there was nothing. Osomatsu hung his head down, staring at the floor. He felt defeated. Was Karamatsu really never coming back?

Tears streaming down his face, he began to quietly hum the melody to a song. He didn't quite remember the name but it was a song that made him nostalgic. The melody was soft and sweet, almost sad.

His voice was faint and soft but audible.

And then there it was

Osomatsu almost didn't expect it but it happened
there came the glowing blue lights.

_______________________________________________________

Karamatsu had been half asleep, stuck in his own mind for quite some time. It was almost like he was hypnotized. Trapped in a prison if his own design, his thoughts whirling around in his head like a hurricane.

The hurricane was so severe that he was even able to tune out the immense pain he was in.

The only thing that broke him out of this state was a voice.

He looked up, his body shifting.

"What?.." Ichi asked in a soft voice, his ears perking up