chapter 26 after the storm comes a rainbow

Osomatsu carefully guided Karamatsu down the stairs, Karamatsu remaining silent.

Osomatsu's brows furrowed as he felt the slight shake in Kara's hand. He sighed, feeling guilty as he should.

Karamatsu let out shaky breaths, Ichi trailing beside him, almost as if to let him know that he'd be okay.

Osomatsu soon came to a stop, letting go of Karamatsu's hand and picking up the mirror which was still in pristine condition.

"Not even a scratch" Osomatsu muttered, mostly to himself, not really meaning to have said anything at all.

Osomatsu propped it up against his wall, the mirror still glowing its usual light shade of blue.

"Go ahead. Your brothers are waiting for you" Osomatsu said, a sad, but genuine smile on his face.

Karamatsu paused, glancing at the mirror, then back to Osomatsu as he fidgeted with his hands.

"Osomatsu I... What Will you do now?" Karamatsu asked, the question taking Osomatsu by surprise.

"Even after all of this, you'll still have to live like this. You'll still feel the same guilt, you'll still be alone, and you'll still have those.... Impulses. Nothing will have changed" Karamatsu muttered, looking up at Osomatsu.

Osomatsu bit his lip before looking away and sighing.

"Thats where you're wrong Karamacchan" Osomatsu said with a small smile. 

"Things will change and.... For better or worse, i know what needs to be done.." Osomatsu replied, ruffling Karamatsu's hair.

Karamatsu flinched at the sudden touch but relaxed seconds later.

There was a small pause before Karamatsu reached towards his neck, taking off the golden locket that was given to him.

"Here" he said, handing it to Osomatsu and letting out a sigh.

"This doesn't belong to me" he said in a soft voice.

Osomatsu smiled, the locket's smooth gold surface, glistening in the light.

"Okay okay, no more chit chat, your brothers must be worried sick about you." Osomatsu said, grinning, trying to lighten the mood.

Karamatsu nodded, soon giving his goodbyes

And then

he was gone

______________________________________

Osomatsu nearly jumped when he saw something emerging from the mirror.

He stood back, allowing whatever it was to come out.

Osomatsu gasped, his eyes widening.

"K-Karamatsu?" He stammered, Karamatsu, clumsily stumbling onto the floor, mentally and physically exhausted.

"O-Osomatsu Niisan!" he whimpered in a soft voice, before throwing himself onto his older brother.

Osomatsu gripped Karamatsu tightly in return, his eyes wide and his brows furrowed.

"O-Oh my god, Karamatsu are you okay?!" Osomatsu practically screamed, tears starting to drip from his chin as his eyes scanned the bruises and marks left on Karamatsu's body.

Karamatsu didn't answer and only buried his face in Osomatsu's shoulder.

Osomatsu could feel Karamatsu violently shaking, almost as if he had hypothermia.

"I'm sorry Osomatsu! im so sorry! I- i shouldn't have-" Karamatsu hiccupped, his voice muffled by Osomatsu's shirt

"Shh, k-karamatsu no... I.." Osomatsu trailed off