Daddy Issues(13)

Han Jisung hated his father.
He hated that that man raised him and then betrayed him.
He hated him. So so much. Every time his face entered Jisung's mind, one single tear of mercy slipped by. It was the last grain of remorse Jisung had left for him, that he could be redeemed. But as he learned with Minho, life couldn't be perfect like that.

The house was empty, the dust growing by the day. Jisung didn't go to work for a few days, texting Felix that things didn't go well. He had some other employee named Woojin fill in for him.

Minho never came home. And the list of bills in the mail box appeared and Jisung became worried. As much as he wanted to be mad at the elder, he just couldn't. He still loved him.

He still wanted to love him.

Jisung walked to the door and slapped a ten dollar note into the delivery guy's hand before snatching the pizza box away from him. He thought he gained about ten pounds since Minho left.

That was two weeks ago.

No matter. Jisung survived without anyone for...like??? An hour?? he guessed, before Minho found him walking alone. Damn.

He wanted to yell and scream and find Minho, but he knew he needed to cool off. Nothing hurt more than leaving Minho alone. Jisung couldn't bear it for much longer.

Jisung tore a piece of pizza out of box and sadly took a bite. His phone buzzed on the kitchen counter where he left it. Before grabbing it, Jisung opened the fridge, looking sadly at the green grapes and empty chocolate milk container.

He missed Minho. More than anything. More than he missed his mother. More than anything.

"Minho..." he muttered. Closing the fridge, he sat down at the kitchen island and turned on his phone.

There was a text bubble that popped up in the screen, the message was in black and white. Jisung went to delete it, thinking it was Seungmin again who just wanted to get him out of the house.
Then he stopped, contemplating that it could be Felix.
But he lifted his thumb and looked at the name.

New Message from Minho💘

No hesitation led to Jisung smashing his finger down on the message to open it.

Minho💘
the sky looks so pretty right now Jisungie.
don't you think?
Jisungie😊
hyung, where are you? i've been worried sick for like 10 days

Jisung clung the phone down and slapped himself in the face. Why?? Why Minho?
Why do you have to just reappear and act as if nothing happened?
Another buzz.

Minho💘
something happened to me.
Jisungie😊
what? are you alright?
Minho💘 is typing...
Minho💘
no. I'm not. metal is so so cold jisungie. I don't like the way it feels against my skin.

Jisung began to tremble, the words sounding a bit too familiar to him.

Minho💘
its cold out here Jisungie. I forgot my jacket at home. don't bother giving it to me though.
Minho💘 is typing...
Minho💘
I won't need a jacket where I'm going.
no not at all.
Jisungie😊
minho listen to me
Minho💘 is Offline

Jisung threw down the pizza slice and ran for the door. He hopped on Minho's bike and pedaled. Pedaled where? To the only person that would know what to do at this time.

Lee Felix.
________________________________

"I thought we were friends, that I wasn't just some crisis call guy!" Felix exclaimed, letting the door open and leading Jisung inside. He smiled at himself, wondering why his friend always seemed to appear when he was distressed.
Then it hit him.
"Did Minho come home yet?" he asked, concern showing for his old best friend.
Jisung shook his head, throat raw from the cold air.
"He texted me, and it's pretty concerning stuff."
Jisung shoved his phone over to Felix so he could read the messages. Felix's eyes narrowed.
"Cold metal? Oh shit-"
Felix dropped the phone and ran into his father's office. He took a file out of the cabinet and scanned it. It was written in messy handwriting.
He walked back out to meet Jisung and explain.
"I wrote down this dream that Minho had a while ago before he was put on my meds by my dad," he started. Jisung squeezed his eyes shut.
"Medication? Your dad?" he asked suddenly. Felix's eyes softened.
"He didn't tell you?" he inquired. Jisung shook his head with a confused face.
Felix wiped his forehead.
"Minho has anxiety and depression, my dad is his therapist and put him on an antidepressant. Before he was put on it, I would record his dreams to see if there was anything triggering."
Jisung nodded, the information not seeming surprising based on how Minho had been acting, even since he had met the elder.
"So?" Jisung pushed. Felix gestured to the paper he held.
"One of his reoccurring dreams is about this cold metal object. He always has it in his hands," Felix began.
Jisung shrugged, not really following.
"A gun, Jisung. He finally has one."

A gun.

A gun.

Jisung felt his lip begin to tremble.
"A gun? Minho? Minho wants to kill himself?"
Felix nodded, a sad smile on his face.
"And it wouldn't be the first time he tried..."
Jisung snatched the paper out of Felix's hand and slapped him.
"Jackass! We have to find him! Where does he usually go when he's like this?" Jisung yelled out of the blue. Felix looked taken aback as he help his red cheek.
"Usually his house, but since you were there, I'm assuming the ghetto."
"The ghetto?" Jisung cocked his head.
Felix snatched something off of the counter in the kitchen.
"Get in the car, I'll drive."
________________________________

a/n; hi ladies and gents. emo chapter.
it ties into the actual plot line of the story however. thanks for sticking by me! and 1k reads??? I LOVE YOU ALL SM