What I've Done(28)

He woke up, arms stirring as he crawled out of bed.
"That's weird?" he asked himself. He didn't remember going to bed at home.

Oh well.

He walked to the living room. He stopped in the doorway.

"Hey Jisung," he said to the boy whose back faced him. The body toppled over, the noise of the tv getting louder.

"You couldn't protect yourself again, stupid stupid imbecile," a voice whispered. The boy turned around and squinted at the tv, watching some man speak to him.

"Fuck you dad."

He turned his attention to Jisung, the boy was a stone statue with not movements at all.
He rolled the boy over and gasped, smacking a hand over his mouth.

"Oh shit."

It wasn't Jisung, but a demon.

Everything that was wrong with the latter. Everything that tormented him. Everything that poisoned him.

And then he woke up again.

Heavy breaths solidified Minho's existence in the hospital bed.

Jisung was right beside him.

"Hey."

"You're alive," Minho said breathily. Jisung chuckled for a moment, sliding his hand into Minho's grip.

"That's what I'm supposed to say!"

Jisung noticed the discomfort on Minho's face and his smile disappeared.

"So I'm going to move back in with you, is that okay? I overstayed my welcome with Felix and I really missed you," Jisung mumbled softly, Minho closed his eyes and nodded.

It would be a good way for Jisung to watch over Minho, to make sure he didn't inflict any pain on himself.

The doctor stepped in then, and Jisung recognized her as the same one he spoke too earlier.

"Hello, Lee Know, I hope you are feeling better this morning. Your brother and I-"

"Wait what?" Jisung bellowed, confused.

The doctor looked down at her papers, eyes looking a little flustered.

"I'm sorry I'm a bit skittish this morning, your boyfriend, I mean, and I have been speaking about a rehabilitation center in Seoul that you could attend. It is half a year and insurance covers most of it-"

"Yeah I don't have insurance," Minho glowered, shaking his head, "And I changed my name."
He brushed the name situation off like it was nothing, so maybe it was nothing. Jisung shook his head internally, there had to be more to it.

The doctor flashed a small smile. "That won't be an issue for you, Minho, you have such caring friends," she murmured.

"I'm Dr. Pyun by the way, ring if you need anything," she added, and with that, she left the room.

Minho looked at Jisung who stared at the wall smiling.

"Do you know anything about what she just said?"

Jisung let his grin grow before letting out a small 'no'. Except, here was the thing, he was the reason behind it.

Four Hours Earlier....

7:16 am.

Jisung peered at the analog clock again.
His phone buzzed.
It was Felix.

"Hey Fe," Jisung said, picking up the call.

"Jisung great! Listen, I need to know what's going on with Minho-"

Jisung quickly told him the circumstances and let him rant for a few minutes before leaving Minho's room to speak to Felix in the hall.

"I have a plan," Jisung commented, looking sadly at the boy resting in the hospital room.

"What is it?"

"Minho's doctor and I spoke about rehabilitation but Minho doesn't have the money-"

Felix cut him off, a deep chuckle emitting form the phone.

"I'm picking up what you're putting down. I'm sure everyone will agree."

After not hearing his voice again for a few moments, Jisung pulled the phone away from his ear and stared at the screen. Felix has hung up.

Jisung let a small and sly smirk spread across his face as he dialed a new number.

"Chan! Cool-"

Chan cut him off. "Someone's at the door-"

"Felix-Felix?" They both muttered. Silently, Jisung laughed as he hear Felix explain to Chan.

"So what's up Jisung?" Chan said, resuming to the phone conversation.
"Like Felix told you, we need a plan for Minho to afford rehab. What do you say?"

He could feel the warmth radiating from Chan's end of the call.

"Don't sweat it Ji, I have just the things that will help."
And he hung up too.

Maybe everyone had the same idea?

11:23 am

"Yeah we got it figured out," Jisung mumbled to Minho.

Minho didn't stir or make a sound. He seemed frozen but still complied.
"Jisung," he whispered, grabbing Jisung's hand. He pulled him to sit on the bed beside Minho's legs. The doctor took that as a cue to leave and Jisung patted smooth lines into Minho's palm.
"What?"
Minho blinked and then sat up, using his hand with an IV poked in his arm to caress Jisung's face.
"Would you still love me after everything I've done?" he questioned, a sad tone in his voice.

Jisung didn't blink.

"Definitely."

And he leaned in.

And he kissed the patient in his hospital bed.

It was soft and sweet, a melody of small breathing whistling in Jisung's ears. Tenderness flooded Minho's senses, allowing him to wrap his arms around Jisung's neck.

He separated from Jisung and fell back on the bed.
"Thank god, I wanted to kiss you for a while and I didn't know what you'd do?" it came out more like a question than a statement and Jisung became skeptical.

There was something deeper behind his comment.

Nonetheless, Jisung pecked Minho's lips once more before he sat back in the chair.
"Jisungie?" the patient whispered in his bed.

Jisung nodded, listening intently.

"Will you sing to me?"

"Of course!"

He cleared his throat.

"In this farewell,
there's no blood, there's no alibi,
cause I've drawn regret,
from the truth of a thousand lies,
so let mercy come, and wash away,

what I've done,
I'll face myself,
to cross out what I've become,
erase myself,
and let go of what I've done."