~Chapter 41~

Rei P.O.V

Midnight helped Aizawa and me into the apartment, it had been cleaned and Shadow was groomed. "I decided to be helpful" Midnight smirked and I thanked her for her service, "I better not see him at school tomorrow" Midnight pointed at Aizawa who fell on the bed. 

"He won't be" I assured her as she left unobtrusively, I turned and clutched my stomach. There was this wave of uncomfortable silence and I didn't like it, I sat on the edge of the bed by Aizawa's legs. 

I looked at the ceiling overthinking, Shadow purred wrapping herself around my ankles and I scratched her head. "Don't blame yourself" The muffled voice caused me to tense, I wiped my face from the tears that were beginning to fall. 

"Tch" I heard him grunt from straining to sit up, I felt his chin on my shoulder. My face grew warm and I looked over to see him completely bandaged, "Don't blame yourself damnit" he stated monotonously and I opened my mouth to speak. 

"How can I not?" I blurted and Shadow glared at us, her tail swishing side to side in annoyance. She could sense the unease, ''You were being broken piece by piece and I couldn't help you... I just..." I slammed my fists on my knee hard enough to make a loud noise, causing Shadow to hiss and trot under the bed.

 "I just fucking laid there!" I yelled and gripped my face, "I used to be so Naive and stupid. I didn't have the responsibilities I do now, to protect our students and most importantly protect you. I thought after everything I had grown stronger, I trained for years just to be able to fight hand to hand. And for what?" 

I pulled my hand away that was still covered in unhealed bruises, "I am still just a stupid little girl with stupid little ideas. Thinking I could be a good hero with such a useless Quirk, I can't do shit. I can stop time for a couple of minutes without passing out or worse being stuck in a loop, what kind of power is that?" My eyes were no longer flooding with tears but were narrowed from disappointment and shame.

 "I almost let the love of my life die right in front of me" I felt his bandaged arms envelop me and I stifled back a noise as he breathed in, "When I watched you get hit by Nomu..." he paused and I felt his heart beating faster against my back.

 "It all happened in slow motion... I had flashbacks in that instance of all the photos on our wall of us" He hesitated and my breath hitched, "My biggest fear was never seeing your blue eyes again".

 My lips curled instantly and my cheeks reddened, "I can't go back to how things were before I met you" was the last statement he said before I smoothly pulled down his bandage below his nose and saw his cut up lip.

 I softly kissed it as to not open any of the healed up wounds, he was too weak to move to much but I helped him lay down. I laid beside him and held my stomach before lifting up his bandages so they could continue healing, "I heard you came to visit me" Aizawa said offhandedly. 

"Yeah..." I pull the covers up to his shoulders, "When I woke up I asked about you several times... they said you were going to be okay" I nodded vigorously. 

''Yep, I'll make it" I lifted my sweater up, he could see through his bandages so he noticed how tightly my stomach was bandaged. 

"A couple of my organs were punctured and there was a blood clot" I shake my head in surprise at how I survived, "You are not doing hero work for a while'' I scoffed at Aizawa's comment. "Neither are you genius", "I'm going to school to teach tomorrow". 

"Oh hell no" I propped myself up on my elbow, "I can't allow that" I protested but he lifted his arm and grunted in pain before placing it around me. One of his arms was in a sling the other was bandaged tightly.

 "Get some sleep" I knew I couldn't stop him once his mind was made up so I decided to let him win this battle.