1 | Veranda

NIEVES KINGDOM
Exodus Era | March 16, 108

Huminga nang malalim ang sampung taong gulang na Prinsesa. Hindi umaagos ang kaniyang mga luha kahit na sobra-sobra ang sakit na nararamdaman niya para sa murang edad niya. She remained prim and proper while looking at the view of the Kingdom of Snows by her broken window, waiting for her execution.

She is Sashyana Kiaundra Nieves, the only daughter of King Keanu and the late Queen Shanaia, Rulers of the Nieves Kingdom.

Buhay ng reyna ang naging kapalit ng pagkabuhay niya. Since the Queen is dead, Sashyana became a daddy's girl. Lahat ng gusto niya'y nagagawa niya, at lahat ng hingin niya ay natatanggap niya. She was pampered with love and care.

There were even times that she accompanies the king to the six other kingdoms, attended annual balls, and met the other counts, duchess, marquess, barons, and kings.

However, everything changed in a snap because of the birth of her half-brother, Keahi Laxus Nieves.

Limang taong gulang siya nang mangyari iyon. Since then, her life changed. She was no longer the heir to the throne, and that built wrath in her heart.

Dahil bata pa lang siya, hindi niya lubusang naiintindihan ang pangyayari. How could the man that she believed had loved her so much suddenly forget her in just a whim?

"Papa, can I see my brother?" The five-year old Sashyana once asked her father. Hindi naman sumagot ang kaniyang ama, bagkus ay nanatiling nakangiti sa mukha ng sanggol na lalaki.

Sashyana was happy seeing her father smile. Ngunit nang tumagal ay tila hindi na napapansin ng Hari ang kaniyang babaeng anak. He was too overwhelmed by the presence of Keahi, and pampered him the way he has pampered her before, or even better.

"Papa, can I have dinner with you?"

"Papa, can I play with baby Keahi?"

"Papa, can you sleep beside me? I am scared of the thunders."

"Papa, can I join the party?"

"Papa, can I play with my maids?"

Ilan lamang iyan sa pakiusap ng batang Prinsesa, pero lahat ng 'yan ay binabalewala lamang ng Hari. No matter what she does to please him, his attention was fixed to his heir, Keahi.

"Papa, can I join you on your way to Fuego Kingdom?" nagmamakaawang sabi ni Sashyana.

Marahas naman siyang tiningnan ng ama. Matapos ay binaling naman ng ama ang atensyon niya sa isang alipin, at mabilis na inutusan ito. "Bring her to her room, and lock her there."

Nanlaki agad ang mata ni Sashyana, at matimbang na tumingin sa kaniyang ama at sa step-mother niyang hawak hawak si Keahi. Her step-mother became Queen after she has given birth to the Prince. Sashyana didn't mind at the start, but seeing her wicked smile, she started to hate her. More so, despise her.

Hinila na siya ng maids paakyat sa kwarto niya. Nagpadala nalang siya dahil wala na siyang magawa. She felt like an outcast to her own home, or was it really a home?

The maids did not dare talk to her, as they were scared of what the little Princess might speak or do. They were only inferior.

The lady in the present time stared at the guard by her door. In result, the guard shivered in fear, as he knows very well what the Young Miss was capable of.

"When will my father return?" maliit na tanong niya sa guwardiyang nagbabantay sa kaniya.

Nauutal na sumagot ang gwardiya, "Before dusk, Your Royal Highness."

Tumango naman siya, at napatingin sa posas na nakasuot sa kaniya. The guard almost jumped by the sound of the breaking iron. Tiningnan niya ang kamay ng prinsesa, at napadasal nang makitang sinira niya ang kaniyang posas. Gods, I have done nothing wrong. Spare me, he silently prayed.

"How will I be executed?" tanong muli ng bata kaya't malakas na napalunok ang gwardiya.

"Wala pa pong utos na binibigay ang mahal na Hari sa amin. Siya po ang magdedesisyon kung paano, batay po sa kasalanan mo, Prinsesa," mabagal na sagot ng guwardiya ngunit pinakinggan naman siya ng prinsesa.

She scoffed at the honor that the guard is giving her. She is sure that the King has stripped off her title from her. Hindi naman ganoon kalaki ang kasalanan niya, but maybe for the King, it was. Tanggap naman niya ang kaparusahang ibibigay sa kaniya.

It's better to die than live dying inside.

"Kneel down," the Princess ordered to the royal guard. She smiled sweetly, and the guard started shivering in fear. His eyes almost didn't blink, and his shaking hands was curled to a fist.

What did the young Princess do to make a royal guard so terrified?

"Pardon, Your—" hindi niya natuloy ang sasabihin niya nang biglang nawala ang ngiti ng prinsesa. Mabilis siyang lumuhod, at pinigilan ang sarili mula sa pagpikit ng mariin.

"No, not there," pahayag ng prinsesa. Tinuro niya ang sirang veranda niya. Mala-demonyo siyang ngumisi, at mas lalo namang natigilan sa paghinga ang guwardiya.

"There," she pointed.

The guard gulped loud, slowly got up and walked towards the veranda through the broken wall window. He closed his eyes, as he clearly saw the long distance of the veranda from the floor. The stone railings were broken, and one wrong step, he will fall to demise.

"Kneel," matigas na turon ng Prinsesa. Kaagad na lumuhod ang guwardiya, at umalingawngaw ang tunog ng pagbagsak ng kaniyang tuhod sa sahig. Bahagyang tumawa ang maliit na Prinsesa at naglakad palapit sa guwardiya.

She stood at the end of the veranda, and the royal guard couldn't help but worry.

"Your Highness, it's dangerous! Please take steps back," he said.

Sashyana chuckled more and jokingly took a step forward instead. She almost lost her balance that caused the guard to panic. He stood up immediately, and pulled the Princess far from the end of the veranda. After all, it was his duty to protect the princess at all costs.

Sashyana put on an amused smile, but then she pushed the guard to the ends. The guard screamed as he lost his balance, pero bago pa tuluyang humiwalay ang paa niya sa veranda, kinuha ng Prinsesa ang isang kamay niya.

Buong akala ng guwardiya ay hahayaan na siya ng Prinsesang mahulog, at tila nabunutan ng tinik ang kaniyang dibdib nang kunin ng prinsesa ang isang kamay niya. Gamit ang isa pang kamay, humawak siya sa sira-sirang stone railings.

Ngunit napuno na naman ng sigaw niya ang tainga ni Sashyana. She mercilessly stomped on his foot, that she could feel his bones breaking, and his blood on her bare feet.

She stomped on another and the guard wailed more. Now, she heard knocks by her door, and she just shook her head. She realized that the knocks must have come from Knights or more royal guards.

They must have been startled by this royal guard's wailing, she thought.

She pouted. "You should have been quiet!"

With her other hand, she held his tongue and pulled it out. The guard cried more.

Sashyana pouted more. "I told you to be quiet!"

Napapikit siya nang tuluyang maputulan ng dila ang guwardiya. Blood splattered in her hands up to her arm, and little on her cheeks. She used her other hand to wipe away the blood, not realizing that she had let the hand of the guard go.

Scream of pain and fear filled the whole castle, and Sashyana just let out a little 'oops.' She peeked at the fallen guard, and stifled a laugh when she saw him drenched with his own blood. His eyes were open, still with fear.

Naalintana naman si Sashyana nang bigla na naman niyang marinig ang mga katok sa pinto niya.

"Oh, should I make them cry too?" natutuwang sambit ng prinsesa. Humagikhik siya na tila wala siyang ginawa, na tila ba normal lang sa kaniya ang pagpatay.

Legend of Cambions
By lostmortals
Plagiarism is a crime.

Thank you for reading!