8 | Emperor

AGUA KINGDOM
Exodus Era | February 20, 118
_____________________

LEON
Pantaleon Guiller Alejo

I flash a playful smirk at Zavis after pinning our next target land, the Azaour Isles, in the map on the wooden board.

"We've been to several kingdoms, Zavis. Now we should target the small islands," suhestiyon ko. "I'm sure Fabia and the others can handle the new recruits back. Let's continue our voyage."

Halos nagdikit ang kilay ni Zavis habang nakatingin sa Azaour Isles. He brushed his black hair with white and green streaks, and shook his head.

"How long will it take us to get there?" tanong niya sa'kin. Napatingin naman ako ulit sa mapa.

"Twenty to thirty days? Mga gan'on lang siguro, leader," sabi ko. "Why? Do you have appointments?"

Umiling naman siya. "Iniisip ko lang na baka magsayang tayo ng araw d'on. It's a small island and there might be no Cambion there. It will take us months before we return to our base."

Nakuha ko naman ang nais niyang iparating. We were actually on a voyage to different kingdoms to recruit potentials for our League of Cambions named Emperors. Cambions are mortals who possesses supernatural abilities, and we aim to multiply the league member's number.

I sighed. "Narito na rin naman tayo eh. Malay mo d'on mo na pala siya mahanap sa Azaour Isles. I'm sure Arki would be able to find and recognize her. If she really survived the years, the she'd be in towns no one wou

He turned to Arki who was staring at the map. Lutang na naman siya at tila hindi nakikinig sa pinag-uusapan namin.

I knocked at the table and crossed my arms. She jumped in surprise, and her yellow eyes apologetically looked at us.

"Sorry! Ano ulit 'yon?" tanong niya at inayos ang maikling kulay platinum-blonde niyang buhok. She even fixed her short bangs.

She looked like a ten year old kid, but she was actually eighteen years old. It was her abnormality— she stopped maturing physically.

My abnormality was losing my left eye, and forever live with the sight of the right orange eye alone. Well, it is fine with me, though.

"Do you think you can recognize the soul of Princess Sashyana Nieves?" tanong ko. Nanlaki naman ang mata niya. Halos marinig ko na ang sinisigaw ng utak niya.

"We're still looking for her?!" she must be thinking that. I mentally scoffed, hindi pa siya nasanay na siya talaga ang lagi naming hinahanap. We needed her power and title, and Zavis was looking for her since then.

"Hindi ko masasabing siya talaga dahil hindi ko pa naman siya nami-meet. Pero masasabi ko kung destruction ang kapangyarihan ng isang Cambion. Destruction is her power, right?" She asked.

Zavis nodded, "Yes. I think it is."

He tapped his fingers on the table, which meant he was thinking deeply. "Send a letter to Count Gabriel Pavia of Coezee County. Tell him we need some place to stay on the Azaour Isles."

"Bakit naman tayo hihingi pa ng tulong, Leader? Pwede namang rumenta nalang tayo-"

Umiling si Zavis at pinagsalikop ang daliri niya. "I would like to meet the count," putol niya kay Arki.

"Okay, fine! You write what you want to make parating to the count na, leader. Tatawag na ako sa messenger ko," tugon ni Arki gamit ang mataas na tono. Napangiwi naman ako dahil sa iritasyon sa boses niya. Mataas na nga normal n'yang tono, pinataas pa. Aish. Tapos conyo pa. Ang arte lang?

She whistled to summon or call the attention of her pigeon, the bird who sends our letters. Mabilis namang nagsulat si Zavis, at inilahad kay Arki ang liham.

Arki gave it to the pigeon's beak, and patted it's head. "Alam mo na kung s'an pupunta. Bye-bye!"

"Bakit mo naman gusto makausap si Count Gabriel?" tanong ko.

He nonchalantly glanced at me with his green eyes, and flashed a smirk. "Just like what you said, sulitin na natin ang pagkakataong nandito tayo. I'm going to gain his trust and loyalty to me. He'll be my spy under the Aire Kingdom which will soon be in our hands."

Hindi pa rin nawala ang ngisi niya habang umiinom, at napatango nalang ako. After all, the main goal of our league is rule and conquer all seven kingdoms.

That is why the league's named Emperor. It meant to rule above all kings, to rule the whole world.

I sighed and look at both of them. Zavis had a small smile, he was probably thinking about Princess Sashyana. He must be excited upon meeting her.

Arki smirked as she returned her gaze on the sight of townsmen. She looked at them with a smug look.

"Hindi ka naman magpapaiwan dito, hindi ba, Arki?" tanong ko.

She nodded her head. "It's not yet time for me to rule the kingdom. Hahayaan ko na muna ang mga peste na gawin ang gusto nila. Basta ba't kung kailan ko man gustong kuhanin ang trono, kukuhanin ko. Sa'kin naman talaga 'yon, eh."

It was true. We've successfully got one of the seven kingdoms under our hands because of Arki. She is a descendant of the true rulers of Agua Kingdom. King Shin Xiaofeng of Agua was not a direct descendant of the Agua family, but because he was greedy, he stole the title from Arki and threw her to Fuego Kingdom.

Well, it does not matter now that she got it back.

She beamed at us brightly, "And you know how much I enjoy to be with the two of you!" Pumalakpak pa siya at bumingisngis lalo.

The corner of my lips lifted more. Of course, and I promise that none can break our bond.

"To six more kingdoms," ani Zavis at itinaas ang kaniyang baso. I toasted with him, and drank to our victory.

Legend of Cambions
By lostmortals
Plagiarism is a crime.

Thank you for reading!