14 | Heroes

ZAVIS
Zavaad Ismael Fuego

We teleported back to our own ship, and in that moment, a loud horn blew. My eyes drifted to a ship with a flag of the Nieves, and my forehead creased immediately.

Papunta nga sa Azaour Isles ang Nieves army. Tama si Leon. Akala ko ay kalokohan niya lang 'yon.

"How did you know that the army is coming, Leon?" tanong ko. May nilahad naman siya sa'kin liham, at mas lalong nagkunot ang noo ko.

"From your favorite duke," sambit niya.

Ah, it's from Duke Eleonor Gruvian of Haran duchy, Nieves. Our spy under the Nieves Kingdom. Binasa ko naman ang liham, at napapatawa nalang ako.

The King has sent his men to capture the lost Nieves Princess.

After ten years, they suddenly want her back, or maybe kill her? I don't actually know, at hindi rin naman nakalagay sa liham. These Nieves rulers seem to have no fear at all. The army would just die in vain because of Saskia's powers.

"When did this arrive?"

"Earlier, at dusk," sagot niya. "Nakalimutan kong ibigay sa'yo o banggitin man lang kasi masarap kinain natin."

"Ayos lang," sagot ko at ngumiti nang bahagya. So after ten years, they finally saw their forgotten Princess. I wonder how they knew it. They must have known it earlier than us, since a voyage from Nieves to Azaour Island takes two months, more or less.

"The letter arrived late?" pansin ko sa petsang nakalagay. It was January 11, 118.

"What happened to his fast flying pigeon, Arki?" tanong ko dahil si Arki rin ang nagbigay sa kaniya ng alagang 'yon. She actually gives pigeons to every spy or man we have. Then Leon enhances the vitals of the pigeon, so it can fly for at least six months without dying.

"Maybe it died? Tanda na n'on, eh," tugon niya at tumawa. "So, ano nang gagawin natin, leader? How will we make her payag?"

Hunalukipkip naman ako at pumikit ako nang mariin. Kailangan ko siya— kailangan namin siya sa grupo. So we would need to do everything just to get her— by hook or by crook.

My head tilted when I remembered her companion. What was his name again? Ajax? I wonder where she met him. Maybe we can use him.

"Kilala ko 'yang ekspresyon na 'yan, Zavis," ani Leon. "What are you planning?"

Nagbuntong-hininga ako. "We will win her heart when we save them."

"Are you sure, Prince?" mapang-asar na tanong ni Leon. "At paano naman natin magagawa 'yon?

I almost snickered when he called me Prince. Just like Saskia, I was a royalty, and was kicked out because of my powers. That is why my desire is to rule and conquer. After all, I have the blood to rule.

Men will bow down to me, to us.

"Protect that Ajax at all costs. Win him so we can win the Nieves Princess," I strictly told them. Nakita kong natigilan sila. I tapped my fingers against my arm, and stifled a smile.

"Ang ibig mo bang sabihin ay ililigtas natin sila mula sa mga Nieves soldiers?" tanong ni Leon, at tumango naman ako bilang tugon.

"What if they escape before the Nieves army could even find them?" pahabol niyang tanong.

Napatingin naman akong muli sa barko na sinasakyan nila. "No, they won't escape. Saskia will surely face the Nieves army, and let Ajax escape on his own."

"Paano mo naman nasisiguro 'yan, Zavis?"

I smirked at them, "I never get wrong with my calculations, you know that." Truth is, I judged based on their characters.

"Then Ajax Zonaras wouldn't be able to leave Saskia alone, so he might die following her, and that's where we enter the scene."

"Bakit hindi nalang natin hayaang mamatay si Ajax? Kapag namatay siya, magiging vengeful si Saskia. She'll eventually join us," Arki said.

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. "I don't think that will work, besides we have to prove her our point. We can protect her and that Ajax. We won't be able to win her heart and loyalty if we don't protect the thing she values the most."

Heroes always wins hearts; thus, we will act like heroes.

For now.

Legend of Cambions
By lostmortals
Plagiarism is a crime.

Thank you for reading!