13 | Army

SASKIA
Sashyana Kiaundra Nieves

The moment he said my full real name, my heart started drumming. Paano naman niya nalaman na ako ang babaeng Nieves?

Instead of being so surprised, I looked at them with a confused look. After a few seconds, I laughed. "Sobrang ganda ko ba para mapagkamalan niyo akong Prinsesa?"

Arki shook her head, "We all know the rumor about the demon Princess. The one who can destroy a whole forest. The one who ruthlessly kills her own men."

Bigla naman niyang tinaas ang kanan niyang kamay. Nagkunot-noo ako nang may makitang red aura sa palibot ng kamay niya.

Napatingin din ako sa kamay ko nang biglang mapansing may kakaibang init d'on. Then, I saw my hand with a red aura too. Realization hit me.

Is she copying my powers?

She giggled more, then she got a dagger from her one of her sheaths. Isang hawak niya lang sa dagger, nasira na 'yon at naging pira-piraso nalang. She tilted her head mockingly and grinned.

"Your powers are destruction, and the Nieves Princess' powers are like that too! Besides you speak with such strong Nievesian accent too. The way you move is elegant like a Princess, and of course, you look like her because you are her," she confidently claimed.

Looks like it would be meaningless to deny it. I chuckled sweetly at her, and looked down at her with my chin high.

I bent my body to level with her height, and smiled sweetly. "The Nieves Princess is long dead for me, sweetie," malamig na sabi ko gayunpamang may ngiti sa labi ko.

Tumayo ako nang ayos at lumingon kay Zavis. He looked at me with such an impressed look.

"I am Saskia Zonaras, and whatever plan you have, labas na ako r'on. Maayos na akong namumuhay dito, at hindi ko na kailangan pang paguluhin ang buhay ko- namin."

"Are you sure about that, mi Sashyana?" tanong niya. Confirmed. He's a Fuegonian. Only Fuegonians address ladies with a 'mi' before their names

I rolled my eyes at him. Napatawa naman ang isa niyang kasama, si Leon. I think he laughed because of how I rolled my eyes.

"Then go conquer kingdoms, wala akong pakialam. Inyo na lahat." Kung gusto kong angkinin ang Nieves Kingdom, dati ko pa sanang ginawa 'yon.

Mas lalo namang natawa si Leon na nagsimula na akong mainis. I glared at him, and he slowly stopped from laughing. He stifled his laugh and just shook his head.

"I thought this was going to be easy, leader," narinig kong sambit ni Leon kay Zavis. Oh. So this green-eyed man is the leader of their league. Well, hindi na nakakapagtaka.

Zavis turned to me and breathed deeply. "When you join our league, you'll be able to give Ajax a better life. He'll have the protection he needs and-"

"Kaya ko siyang protektahan nang ako lang," pagputol ko sa sinasabi niya.

"I heard that the Nieves army found where you live, Princess Sashyana," singit ni Leon. My eyes squinted as I turned to him. I gritted my teeth.

"Do you really think I'd buy that?"

"No, of course not," sagot niya. "But when the time comes the Nieves army attacks you, you will need us and you will willingly be part of our league."

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes. I sighed and looked at them with disbelief. "At the age of ten, I killed an army. Hundreds of men. I can always do that again if they try to hurt us."

Zavis clicked his tongue and shook his head. He closed his eyes before stifling a laugh. "How many years have it been, mi Prinsesa? Ten?" he asked the obvious.

"Ten years of a life where you haven't trained your powers," dagdag niya. He opened his eyes and looked straight to mine. Muli ko na namang naramdaman ang kakaibang koneksyon sa pagitan namin.

"Ten long years, and you think you're still that powerful? I don't think so. The ten year old you must be more powerful that you now," he snickered.

"We'll give you some time to think about it, mi Sashyana. Just remember that we aren't patient enough."

At iyon na ang huling sinabi niya bago sila tuluyang mawala sa paningin ko. Pakiramdam ko nawala na rin ang dimension na nakapaligid sa'kin.

"Saskia!" napalingon agad ako nang tawagin ni Ajax ang pangalan ko. He smiled at me, but I noticed his tired expression.

"Why are you up?" tanong niya.

Umirap ako, "Ikaw ang why are you up."

Tumawa naman siya lalo. He walked towards me, but then he stopped in his tracks when a loud blowing horn filled our ears.

My eyes darted to the direction of the horn- and there I saw a ship waving a flag with a snowflake symbol.

The Nieves Kingdom's symbol.

Nanlaki naman ang mata ko nang maalala ang sinabi sa'kin ng mga Emperors. How did they know about this?

The Nieves Army found me, and they really are coming for me.

Legend of Cambions
By lostmortals
Plagiarism is a crime.

Thank you for reading!