2 | Awakened

NIEVES KINGDOM
Exodus Era | March 13, 108

N'ong nakaraang tatlong araw, isang katok ang nakapagpabulabog sa tulog niya. She happily skipped to the door to open it, expecting that it would be her dear Father knocking. However, she was dismayed when she saw the face of her step-mother.

She slightly bowed. "How shall I help you, Queen Lexie?" tanong niya nang hindi tinitingnan ang mukha niya.

Ngumiti naman ang bagong reyna sa kaniya, at walang pasabi na pumasok sa kwarto ng bata. Kaagad niyang pinagmasdan ang mga paintings at litratong nakasabit sa dingding ng kwarto.

"You should change this picture, dear," wika niya at hinawakan ang frame ng portrait ni King Keanu at Queen Shanaia. She was pregnant with Sashyana there, at hawak-hawak naman ng hari ang womb ng dating reyna.

"You know I'm the new Queen now," dagdag pa niya kaya't napairap si Sashyana. Dahan-dahang sinara ni Sashyana ang pinto. She suddenly heard the loudness of her heartbeat, not because of nervousness, but because of the wrath that wants to pop out of her. She's been keeping it for years.

Tiningnan niya nang masama ang reyna. "Again, how shall I help you, Queen Lexie?"

Tumawa ang reyna, at napaupo sa dulo ng kama ng prinsesa. Pinilit naman ni Sashyana kumalma, at nginitian pa ang reyna habang naghihintay sa sagot nito.

"You know that my son is heir to your father's throne, right?" tanong ng reyna kaya't tumango siya. She has lost interest to the throne, as she only wants her father's attention. But even that was stolen away from her.

The locks of her red hair suddenly fell and covered half of her face. She was thankful, for it hid cascading tears in that side. She knew that those tears weren't because of fear, but fury.

Hindi niya rin alam kung anong nararamdaman niya nang mapansing magkapareho ang suot ni Reyna Lexie sa suot ng kaniyang ina sa portrait. Even the ring was the same. She mentally scoffed, how could her father easily replace her mother?

"I just want to thank you for killing your own mother, Princess. If it weren't for you, I will not be a Queen." Natigilan si Sashyana sa paghinga dahil d'on.

"I beg your pardon, my Queen?" Her voice was shaking in anger. She badly wanted to let her rage out, but she was hoping that she misheard it.

"You will be sent to another Kingdom next week. You will be sent for marriage, and you will live there," mabilis na wika ng reyna. Natigilan panandali si Sashyana, ngunit kalaunan ay sarkastikong napangisi.

"Marry? I'm sorry, but you are aware that I am of a young age. How could you let me marry at the age of ten?!" Kasabay ng sigaw ni Sashyana ay ang pag-kulog at kidlat. Halos mapatalon ang reyna dahil d'on.

"It is your father's wish to send you away," dagdag pa ng reyna at tumayo malapit kay Sashyana, 'di nagpatinag sa tuloy-tuloy na kulog at kidlat.

Hinawakan ng reyna ang kaniyang baba, at hinawi ang buhok na tumaklob sa mukha niya. She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw bloody tears coming out of the Princess' face.

"What happened to you—" hindi na siya nakatapos sa pagsasalita nang sakalin siya bigla ni Sashyana.

"You wish to have the kingdom for the satisfaction of your own greed," marahas na wika ni Sashyana, as if she was possessed by a demon. Narinig niya ang paglagutok ng leeg ng reyna, kaya't mas lalo siyang natuwa. Her sarcastic smirk became a demonic smile, and her green eyes suddenly turned to a color of dark red.

She fastly pinned the Queen to her wall window, causing it to break into small shards. She laughed devilishly upon hearing the sounds of pain. Umangat sa ere ang reyna, at lumandas sa kamay niya ang dugo ng reyna.

"Understand that I am doing this to satisfy my heart of wrath, Queen Lexie," her voice became deeper and diabolic. Hindi na nakilala ng reyna si Sashyana. Hindi siya makapaniwalang kayang gawin ni Sashyana 'to sa kaniya.

The thunders started rumbling, and the lightnings lit the dark chambers of the Princess. Sashyana took steps forward to the end of the veranda, and every step she made shook the lands. The stone railing of her veranda got broken, and she held the Queen's neck out of it.

"Rest peacefully in hell," huling wika ni Sashyana bago niya bitawan ang leeg ng reyna mula sa mataas na veranda. Indeed, she felt satisfied with her own actions. Her heart felt full while hearing the Queen's scream and curses.

The moment the Queen's body hit the floor, she felt an unknown sensation over her soul. She saw beauty in the fallen and bloody body of the Queen.

Indeed, the demon has been awakened by wrath.

Legend of Cambions
By lostmortals
Plagiarism is a crime.

Thank you for reading!