21 | Aire Kingdom

AIRE KINGDOM
Exodus Era | April 1, 118
____________________

SASKIA
Sashyana Kiaundra Nieves

I felt the sunlight shine on me too much. Kahit na nakapikit, ang sakit parin sa mata ng liwanag at hindi mo maiwasang takluban ang mata ko. The moment I put an arm over my eyes, I felt dried tears. Then, I realized that I was crying because of my dream.

I heaved a sigh, and tears run down again. The scene was still fresh in my memory, and I don't think I could ever erase that.

"You're awake, but you won't stand up." Naalintana naman ako sa babaeng boses na bigla ko nalang narinig. Napabangon ako agad ngunit hindi ko pala dapat binigla.

I groaned when my vision was very fuzzy, and I just wanted to lay down again. Pero hindi ko kilala kung sino ang nagsalita, ni hindi ko na nga alam ang mga susunod na nangyari.

I just remember the dream, alone.

Ilang beses kong pinikit-pikit ang mata ko hanggang sa makakita na ako nang maayos. Kaagad kong hinanap ang direksyon ng babaeng nagsalita, at napasinghap nalang ako nang makita ang mukha niya.

The snow skin, silver hair, and light blue eyes. Her back rested on her silver chair, and her hands were clasped together. I noticed the royal ring which symbolized the Aire royalties. No doubt, she is the Queen of Aire.

But why am I with her?

Dahil sa pagtataka, napatingin ako sa kwarto. The chandeliers were marvelous, and I noticed the beauty of the hills seen by the window.

Richly colored paintings in golden frames arched across the ceiling. The walls were patterened with golden flowers, and the curtains were also embroided with such elegant designs and was lined with tassles.

I am in her castle.

Binalik ko ang tingin sa kaniya na ngayo'y nakapikit ang mga mata. Nakapatong ang kaniyang baba sa naka-clasp niyang mga kamay.

"Why am I here?"

She smirked and scoffed immediately, "Shouldn't you thank me first, Princess Sashyana?"

"Thank you," I stated. "Why am I here?"

"And some would address me as Queen," aniya nang hindi man lang minumulat ang kaniyang mga mata.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. Why am I here?" pag-uulit ko na may halo ng irita.

"I owe Ajax a favor, and I returned it by saving you, Princess Sashyana."

My eyes widened in surprise. "A favor? Bakit naman?"

Finally, she opened her eyes and directly looked to mine. I shivered because of the coldness of her gaze. Hindi ko naman syempre pinahalata 'yon.

"Your Ajax has saved me once. To return the favor, I saved you."

"Kung gan'on, bakit hindi siya ang sinagip mo—"

She chuckled and shook her head. "Siya naman talaga ang dapat sasagipin ko, but it was too late. So I saved you instead."

*Too late.* Napapikit naman ako muli nang maalala na naman ang nangyari. I held my heart, but I can't seem to grasp the feeling of grief.

"It's because the feeling of vengeance overwhelms your heart more." Nagulat naman ako sa biglaan niyang pagsalita— as if she had read my thoughts.

"Hindi ko binasa ang isip mo," she answered again. "It was very obvious with the way you look. You wanted to grieve, but then, you can't feel it. I guess it's because you want to take revenge. Am I right?"

Hindi ako nakasagot agad. Tumawa siya, at muli na naman pinikit ang kaniyang mga mata.

"I also lost a loved one, and that was the exact feeling I had. In my dreams, I would grieve, but now, I couldn't feel anything but laziness."

Tumingin siya sa isang painting kaya't napatingin na rin ako. I realized it was the late Queen, her mother. Freiann.

"B-bakit nga pala ako nahimatay?" tanong ko. "You were there, right?"

She closed her eyes and nodded, "Of course, I was. I was the one who made you lose all your energy, because if you haven't, you would have killed more people—"

"They deserve it," sagot ko. "Pero paano mo naman 'yon nagawa?" tanong ko kahit na alam ko na ang sagot.

She's like me. She has abilities.

Napangisi siya, at pinagkrus ang kaniyang hita. "Yes, Princess Sashyana. I have powers, but this must remain as a secret between us."

Nagulat ako nang sa isang kurap ay may mga threads na pumalibot sa'kin. It was all over the place, and I'm not sure if it were really threads or just glowing lines. I tried touching those, but I couldn't.

"Those are called ley lines," panimulang saad ni Queen Freya. Ley lines? I think I haven't heard of that before.

"Ley lines are invisible series of networks where magic energy flows. In short, it's our source of energy. Kaya mo nakikita ngayon ang mga ley lines ay dahil hinayaan kong makita mo sila. After all, I have the ability to make these visible."

"It's our source of energy?" pag-uulit ko at saglit na nag-isip, "So you controlled these in order to make me weak?"

"Yes."

"Ikaw ba ang dahilan kung bakit ako biglang lumakas n'ong kalaban ko si Knight Bronx? I totally had no energy that time, but I suddenly felt—"

"What? No.… That happened to you?" gulat niyang tanong. "I think our ship hasn't arrived that time. How would I be able to do that?"

Nagkunot-noo ako, at sinubukang alalahanin kung naroon na nga ba ang barko n'ong panahong  'yon. I sighed when I realized that it wasn't there yet.

Matapos ang ilang sandali ng pag-iisip, pinaikot naman ni Queen Freya ang kaniyang kamay, at nawala lahat ng ley lines sa paningin ko. "Let's get back to what I was saying."

She started introducing herself, "I am a Shaman, one who summons souls, ghosts, and the one who is connected to the afterlife."

Isang ideya agad ang pumasok ang utak ko, ngunit bago pa ako makaimik, sumabat na siya.

"But I can't make a dead alive, Sashyana."

Ang nakaawang kong labi ay agad kong sinara. Napapikit nalang ako, at bakit ko pa nga ba inisip na… gawin 'yon?

"How about his soul?" I gulped. "Ajax… can you summon his soul?"

She clicked her tongue, and shook her head. "No, Princess. He was touched by demons. I can't summon him."

I bit my lower lip in frustration.

"And I don't mess with souls just because someone wants them, Sashyana. Stop being desparate. The dead shall remain dead, and he shall rest in peace."

Hindi ko na napigilan ang pagpatak ng luha ko. It was an absurd idea, but I can't help it. I clenched the cover sheets, and shut my eyes tightly.

Narinig ko ang malakas na pagbuntung-hininga niya. "You actually have visitors, but I'll let you rest for a while. You can meet them tomorrow."

Her footsteps towards the door echoed all over the room. The door creaked, and I peeked at her. For the first time, I saw her smile sadly.

"I guess your heart is not yet done grieving... I guess the wrath hasn't taken over completely. Savor this feeling now because I'm sure tomorrow, you'll be a new person."

"Condolence, Nieves Princess."

Legend of Cambions
By lostmortals
Plagiarism is a crime.

Thank you for reading!