26 | Demon

SASKIA
Sashyana Kiaundra Nieves

I turned to my back when footsteps echoed throughout the dimension. I suppose it was Arki and Zavis. They were wearing casual clothes too, so ako lang ang naka-combat outfit.

"Ano ba ang gagawin ko ngayon?" tanong ko.

"For now, we will watch how you truly wield your power. Remember to connect with the threads and manipulate them, mi Sashyana. An illusionary demon or imp will battle you for now. Para mapayagan kang pumunta sa Nieves Kingdom, you'll need to reach the Royal-tier."

"But pinayagan mo na ako, ah," ani ko, ngunit umirap nalang din ako. "Royal-tier? Iyon ba ang pinakamataas?"

Umiling si Zavis habang nakangisi. "The highest is the Demon-tier. The middle for Royal-tier. Lowest is for mortal-tier. Right now, you are in the mortal-tier. For us, at least. Ikaw naman ang nakakaalam kung ano ang kapangyarihan mo. So show us through defeating the imp. Kapag natalo mo 'yon, pag-iisipan namin kung ilalagay ka sa Demon-tier or Royal-tier. Kapag natalo ka, awtomatiko na sa mortal-tier ka mapapapunta."

Well, the mortal-tier seemed to be very insulting for me. Sigurado naman akong hindi ako mahina matapos kong pumatay ng army of soldiers sa Azaour? I'd best belong to the Demon-tier. After all, demons belong to hell.

"Are you ready, Saskia?" Zavis asked me. I couldn't quite get the look on his eyes. He looked worried, but excited at the same time.

"Of course," confident kong sagot. He, then, looked at Leon as if he was giving a cue.

The demon they were pertaining to could come from anywhere- any of the walls and floors, or from the dark part where I can't see anything. It could come from the ceiling, too, for that matter. And in a snap, the imp grinned with its needle teeth in front of me.

Mabilis ko rin namang tinaas ang kamay ko. May namumuong black shadow sa ere kung s'an lumandas ang kamay ko. I pushed it towards the imp, and it became blade-like, cutting the imp into half.

Easy, but it's not alone, right? Malamang ay marami pang iba. Imposibleng ganito kadali ang gagawin nilang test sa'kin.

Hindi nga ako nagkamali. Napangisi ako lalo nang biglang mabuhay ulit ang imp. It awoke from sorcery, and sealed itself into a whole again. It vehemently screamed and cried in rage. As much as I loved screams of men, I hated this. It sounded so... ugh- disgusting.

From the ceiling, demons poured like foul water down a cataract. Hindi ko na nga sila mabilang pa. There were ten or thirty creaking jaw and clashing fangs of demons. They were lunging towards me with their tails slithering and talons screeching on the tiles as they run after me.

Bitch imp.

I held on to the invisible ley lines that were connected to the ground. Hinila ko 'yon pataas at lumiyab naman agad ang lahat bago sa paningin ko. The heat enveloped all over the tunnels. Kahit ang mga apoy sa torches ay mas lalong lumiyab.

With frantic screeches, I think the imp commanded the demons to keep pursuing me. Hinahayaan niya ang mga alagad niyang masunog sa hell fire ko.

"This is an illusion, right?" mahinang wika ko. I tried manipulating the threads of illusion of Zavis, but then I realized that I wouldn't be able to do it because I am inside Leon's dimension. Hindi niya hahayaang makontrol ko ang mga threads na 'yon.