Chapter 7: Find a way

(This chapter's gonna have a lot of songs in it)

You and Grim arrived at the shop in the middle of the second isle. You slid off of Grim's back, and you walked in, seeing Pork Rind preparing a new potion. "Good morning, Porkrind." you said, putting on a cheery smile. He looked up from his work, and seemed surprised to see you. "Ah, (y/n)." he said. "I haven't seen you around here in a while." "Yeah, I have a job." you said. "And it's been taking up all my free time." "I saw." he said. "You work at the casino." You hunched your shoulders a looked away a bit, but you nodded. "Well, what brings you here?" He asked, changing the subject to make sure you wouldn't get the waterfalls. "Well, I have the day off from work, so me and Grim came here to have fun and make some music." you said. "Do you still have any guitars in the back? Or have they sold out from our last performance?" He smiled, and went to get to the back of his shop, coming back with an acoustic guitar. "Don't break it." he said. "I know." you said. "If I break it, I buy it." He nodded to you. You didn't have enough money to afford a guitar, but Porkrind was nice enough to lend you the ones he sold to play outside his shop, but you had to give them back when you finished, and make sure that you didn't even get a single scratch on them. "Thank you!" you said, smiling brightly. He gave you a nod, and you walked out of his shop.

You walked out, and looked up at Grim who was smiling. You got the guitar ready, and strummed it to make sure it was tuned. You then nodded to Grim, and he began to thump the ground for the beat, you began to strum the guitar, then you started to sing.

365 little lies we have written in our mind.
2.5 kids by 25 and you're doing just fine.
We've been wired for it, but we're tired of it.
Oh, we're looking for something more.
365 different ways we can choose to live our lives.

Oooh, tell me what you're gonna do.
Oooh, what have you got to lose?
It's now or it's never. We don't have forever, no.
Oooh, it's time for you to make your move.

Oh, don't you know it's dangerous when you try to play it safe?
You live in boxes 9 to 5 always hoping for a raise.
It's enough for getting by, but tell me, does it make you happy?
You've put your dreams on hold too long. Why wait another day?

Oooh, tell me what you're gonna do.
Oooh, what have you got to lose?
It's now or it's never. We don't have forever, no.
Oooh, it's time for you to make your move.

We are all the same! And, we are all afraid!
We are all the same! Oh, we are all afraid!
We are all the same! (Take a step now!)
Oh, we are all afraid! (Gotta make it happen!)
Oh, we are all the same! (Whatcha waiting for?)
Oh, we are all afraid!

Oooh, tell me what you're gonna do.
Oooh, what have you got to lose?
It's now or it's never. We don't have forever, no.
Oooh, it's time for you to make your move.

(It's now or it's never. We don't have forever.) [x4]

When you finished, you saw that all the residents of Inkwell Isle two had come to listen, and when you finished singing, they all cheered for you. You and Grim looked at each other and  smiled. You then looked back at the crowd, and did a little bow.
Pirouletta and Pip and Dot were hidden behind a couple of trees, watching your performance. They were absolutely astonished by your voice. It wasn't a surprise that a crowd had come to listen. And yet they knew it would be a great way to help express that you had feelings for the Devil. They would just need to get that guitar you were using, and find the right song for you to sing and play for the Devil. Of course you weren't going to just play a song for the Devil at will, so they would have to trick you into doing so. They just hoped that you would realize that you liked him, and he liked you.
After you and Grim left the shop, they sneaked in and bought the guitar you had just played, and then they made their way back to the casino.