Chapter 26: As you are

~Your Pov~

The next day, you woke up to someone chuckling. "Well well well." you heard. "We give you money to get a hotel room, or an apartment, or something, and you come back to sleeping here?" You opened your eyes to see Jacob and Hailey standing over you. "You'll never not surprise me, sister." Jacob said. You smiled brightly, and jumped up to hug your step brother, and step sister in-law. "What are you two doing here?" You asked. "Not that I'm not happy to see you, I'm just curious." "We missed you." Jacob said. "Well, he missed you the most." Hailey said in a teasing voice. "Oh you shush." Jacob said, giving her a peck on the cheek. You chuckled a bit. "So, how are you and the Devil?" He asked. Your smiled faded, and you looked at the ground. "Something happen?" He asked. "Kinda..." you said, solemnly. "I made up a fake identity, and I said some wrong things to the Devil, and made him really mad." "Oh no." Hailey said. "But I'm managing to get him to like this fake me, and this plan I have is working well." Jacob slightly chuckled and asked, "Well what is your plan? And what's the name of this 'new identity'?" "My fake name is 'Elaina Jasper'." you explained. "And my plan is to get the Devil to realize it's okay to fall in love to someone else, and to let his previous loved one go. I'll know he's the one for me if he does that. And when he does, I'll reveal who I really am to him." 

"Sounds like a good plan to me." he said, giving you a thumbs up. "Where are you heading to now?" "I gotta head to work." you said, hiding behind the bush as you changed into your work clothes. "Want us to come with you?" He asked, after you had stood up and put your hoodie on. "I think they still remember you from those days you were trying to kidnap me, so I don't think that they would think very kindly of you coming back." you said. "You have a point there." he said, chuckling nervously. "How long are you two planning on staying?" You asked. "Just for the day." Hailey said. "We're gonna head back to the mainlands at sunset." "Alright." you said. "Well, if you're looking for any fun activities, you should head over to the theater on the third isle. They have some surprisingly good shows." They smiled and thanked you for the suggestion. "Should I meet you two at the dock at sunset to say goodbye?" You asked. "I'm probably gonna be busy all day, so I won't be able to hang out with you." "Yeah, sounds good." Jacob said. "I'm sorry that I'm not able to spend time with you." you said. "It's alright, sis." he said, pulling you into a hug. "We're just glad we got to see you again." You hugged them both tightly, then proceed to wave to them as you jogged in the direction of the third isle and the casino.

As soon as you walked through the casino doors, you went straight to work. You got a nice greeting from the other staff members, which you were not expecting. But you happily greeted them back. When they greeted you, they would each say they were excited to hear you sing again. It made you smile warmly, and your work performance was better, too. 
You hummed to yourself as you swept the floors, causing yourself to dance a little bit. You heard some chuckles, and saw the staff was watching you. You blushed a little and stopped dancing, feeling a bit embarrassed. Then you saw the Devil come out of his office, and you were super grateful he didn't see you dancing just now. That would have been super embarrassing.
Around the end of the day, the Devil came up to you, asking if you still wanted to perform. You nodded with a bright smile on your face. He gave you a small smile, and said you could perform any time you wanted to, now. You asked if you could perform now. He gave you a nod, and you thanked him, quickly walking over to the supply closet to put the clean supplies away. Then you walked over to the small area where there weren't any tables, and began to work your magic, getting the attention of the patrons in the casino. 
You summoned the guy with the keyboard again, along with a guy with a drum set. Not the guitarist this time, because you didn't need him for this song. You looked back at them and smiled, receiving a smile in return. You summoned your microphone and speakers again, and connected them. Once you were all set up, you gave a thumbs up to the pianist . He nodded, and began to play. You took some breaths, and began to sing.