Chapter 17

The boys were strolling down the beach hand in hand, taking in the brilliant watercolor skies as sunset made its way over Maui. It was their last night there before they flew back to New York to wrap up that phase of Ryan's life there, and then take on the daunting task of dealing with Brendon's parents before moving Ryan out to LA with Brendon.

   "I can't believe how quickly our time here went," Brendon lamented, squeezing Ryan's hand.  "Seems like we just got here. I'm not sure I'm ready to face the real world again yet," he chuckled.

Ryan squeezed his hand back. "I know what you mean. Despite all the good things in our lives, I wish I could just stay here with you like this forever, baby." He looked over at Brendon and smiled.

  Brendon stopped walking and tugged Ryan's hand to pull him close. Ryan pressed his body up against Brendon, and Brendon wrapped his arms around Ryan's waist, and laid his head on his shoulder.

"Ry, these past two weeks have been the best time of my life. And I know how lucky I already was. I just love you so much, and I can feel your love for me all the time. I just never dreamed I'd get to marry the love of my life." Brendon was choking up slightly.

  Ryan had brought his arms around Brendon's shoulders to hold him close. He took one hand and tilted Brendon's chin up so he could look into his eyes. "Bren,"' Ryan said shakily, "you are everything to me. I am so fortunate to be loved by someone so amazing. We belong together."

  Brendon was smiling, his eyes shining with unshed happy tears, and he nodded his agreement. Ryan leaned down and kissed him slowly and sweetly. They kissed for several long moments, then Ryan drew back and said gently, "You ready to head to dinner, sweetheart?"

  Brendon chuckled and nodded. "Yes, actually. I'm starving. I feel like I've been hungry constantly these past two weeks. Probably because someone keeps working me out." He grinned evilly and winked.

  Ryan laughed as they separated and clasped hands again to walk to the restaurant. "Well, I'm just thinking of our health, baby," he said facetiously.

  Brendon nodded in faux seriousness. "Of course!" he said with a crooked grin. "Now let's eat!"

—-

  After dinner, the boys headed back to their suite, and made sure they had everything they knew they wouldn't need packed up for their flight the next day. Then they changed into pajamas and settled into bed to watch a movie and just relax together.

  Ryan lay propped up against the headboard, and Brendon lay right in front of him, with Ryan's arms wrapped snugly around him. One of the things both boys loved about being married and being together full-time again was the comfort of simply touching and cuddling each other so much. Over the course of their honeymoon the two had bonded and intertwined their lives so tightly, there was no question to either one that despite getting married quickly, they hadn't rushed it. They were ready, and neither had ever been happier.

  Over the course of the movie, without even realizing he was doing it, Ryan's touching of Brendon just kept increasing. First it started with Ryan petting Brendon's arms. Then his hands found their way beneath the hem of Brendon's shirt, and he softly stroked the skin of Brendon's belly. Before he knew it, he was nuzzling Brendon's neck, and placing soft kisses there. In a little while, Brendon slowly tipped his head up to look at him with a soft, loving smile, and kissed him. They pecked soft, slow kisses, until Brendon turned sideways, and sat on Ryan's lap. Ryan took Brendon back in his arms and kissed him, longer and deeper. Brendon brought one hand to cradle Ryan's face as their tongues caressed sweetly.

  They broke for air, and Ryan started breathily, "Bren—".

  Brendon brought one finger up to Ryan's lips to silence him, and looked deep in his eyes, smiling the smile he only gave to Ryan. Ryan smiled back, understanding: Brendon didn't want to talk - he wanted to look into each other's eyes, to feel and sense what Ryan wanted, and the same in return. It was unbearably hot and sweet at the same time.