Preparing for War

"We have come, nephew!" Arges bellowed, startling Hades and Thanatos. The two Gods were planting defences around the Underworld.

"You're back!" Hades exclaimed, wrapping Bane in a hug. "But I'm afraid you're too late. The monsters are already crawling out of Tartarus".

"Once they get past us," Thanatos supplied, "They will head straight for Olympus, though some of them may split off to attack mortals".

"Then we'll bring the Hundred-Handed Ones to Olympus and the Cyclopes can stall the monsters," Hades decided, "I want the five river Gods of the Underworld to help with stalling the monsters as well as every soul in my kingdom. Thanatos, you will be in charge while I am at Olympus".

"Yes my Lord," Thanatos bowed before flying out of the chamber.

Hades turned to Kaleb, "Stay here and help".

Kaleb nodded before running out of the chamber as well, followed by the Elder Cyclopes.

Hades, Bane and the three Hundred-Handed Ones charged out of the Palace. They reached the gates surrounding the Palace when Cerberus came around the side, pulling Hades' Chariot. The Lord of the Dead and his son jumped into the basket while Gyges, Cottus and Briares lumbered behind. They took out as many monsters as they could on their way to the Entrance of the Underworld. Once they got past Charon, who was waving his rod around, knocking monsters into the River Styx, Hades and Bane shadow-travelled everyone to Olympus.

Hades barged through the throne room doors, skidding to a stop in front of Zeus' outrage face. "YOU DARE ATTACK OLYMPUS!" the God thundered.

"Zeus," Hades growled, "For once in your immortal life...shut up".

The Gods were so taken aback by this that even Zeus was left speechless.

"My kingdom is under attack by Echidna and her monstrous children," Hades explained, "Once they get past the Underworld, they will head straight for Olympus...with Typhon".

"Hi, Zeus!" Cottus said, waving to the King of the Gods through the skylights.

Zeus just gaped at the three giants before remembering what was going on around him. He blinked once before looking around, "EVERYONE GET READY FOR THE BATTLE TO COME!".

Everyone got up and raced out, (Ares skipped out laughing his head off).