Chapter 5

The next day was spent practically the same, except only with Oscar.

Oscar told Dani he didn't have to stay with me, he said he would be just fine.

After I woke up from my nap, I found Oscar on his laptop in his room.

"Whatcha looking at?" I ask, standing by the door frame.

"Just watching some interview." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

I went and sat on his bed, looking at the screen.

"You have to go back to practice tomorrow." I whispered.

"And leave you here alone?" He exclaims, scoffing, "Not a chance."

"I'll go with you." I offer, not really sure how I feel about that, but he can't stay with me for the rest of his life.

"I don't think you're up for that.." He says, scrolling on his laptop.

"I know you probably think I'm a bitch for always depending on you Oscar, ok, I know that. Thats why I can't let you just do nothing when the most important thing in your life is occurring and you're not apart of it." I say, almost crying, but not quite, I think i've cried to much in the past couple days.

"You're not a bitch Marilyn, you're my little sister. Nothing is more important to me than your safety." He says looking at me.

"I will be safe. I'll stay in the stands the whole time, I won't leave the field at all if you don't want me to. Dani knows and he will be there, even the rest of the guys don't know anything, but they're there too." I said, "Ok? You've protected me enough, let me do it on my own." I said, trying to sound convincing.

"Are you sure you can do this?" He asked, worry in his eyes.

"Yes, of course." I say, smiling.

No, of course not. But I'm going to have to try to be ok by tomorrow.

The next day Oscar woke me up early because he wanted to fit in more practice time to make up for yesterday.

I didn't bother putting on any makeup, although I put some in my bag just in case my bruise got more visible.

Not like anyone would see me anyway.

Oscar wanted to go early, and stay late, so no one would see me.

He said he wanted "more practice", but I know he just doesn't want anyone to ask questions about me, they know how he is.

When we got there the guards had just arrived.

We politely said hi, and I waited for him in the dugout as he went to the locker room.

Oscar came out a couple minutes later, walking in with the ball at his feet already.

"Come practice with me." He says, dribbling towards me.

"You know I don't play anymore." I said, laying on my back, on the bench.