Chapter 5: Not Mommy

'skip the funeral'

Mackenzie's P.O.V

it had been 5 days since my daddy was gone and my mommy wouldn't eat or sleep, she drank alot of pills.. My mommy didn't really pay attention to me so my brothers took care of me, i hated my brothers. Ever since my daddy died my brothers would be big bullies JC hits me alot and he burns me with his cigarrettes, JC was 18, the oldest. And then there's Daniel, he's 15, he hits me alot too but he calls me mean names and locks me in my room.... it was night time and i was asleep, all of a sudden i got woken up by a loud bang, i peeked out my window and saw that JC and Daniel where drunk again, i ran to my mommys room and woke her up, "mommy JC and Daniel are drunk again!" immediately my mommy got up and said "stay here baby." So i did. i close the door and heard my mom and brothers arguing, i covered my ears. Then i heard a loud scream coming from my mommy. I ran out of her room and went to the kitchen, there was nothing, no JC no Daniel.. i went to the living room and saw my mommy laying on the floor with a big puddle of blood everywhere! "Mommy! Wake up! Mommy wake up!" i said shaking her but she wouldn't moved. I got up and cried, i turned around and saw JC with a knife in his hand, i looked up at him and he did a scary smile "hahah, mackenzie mom's gone, you're next." he said i screamed and ran as fast as i could to the front door where Daniel grabbed me and said " Whoa, whoa, whoa where do you think your going?" i tried getting out of his grip but i couldn't so i kicked him, really hard where it hurt and ran as fast as i can to my neighbors house, i knocked on the door and they opened up "mackenzie, honey what's wrong?!" they asked "Jc and Daniel killed mommy help me pwease!" i screamed crying.