Chapter 14

Kate's P.O.V

We hear the door slam and footsteps pound down the hallway. 

Tallulah enters the room, her mascara smeared down her face and her eyes red and puffy.

The girls and I jump up and embrace her in a warm hug.

"Oh my God, Tallulah, what's wrong?" Georgia asks frantically.

"Luke... He took me home and... He kissed me... I kissed him back and..." she cries between sobs.

"You kissed him!" Grace exclaims in surprise, "Why are you crying? That's a good thing!" she laughs.

Tallulah shoots her a glare. "I can't... lead him on..." she hiccups, wiping a snotty nose with her sleeve.

"It's not leading him on. It's just a kiss, it doesn't have to be a big deal." I point out.

Tallulah groans and plonks herself down on the couch. 

"You guys don't understand." she says sighing.

"Then help us to!" Georgia says sweetly.

Tallulah takes a deep breath and begins. "I can't kiss him because I don't wan't to get into a relationship with him. I don't wan't to get hurt again like I did with Cody. And by kissing him tonight I just stuffed up everything! I'm a failure of a human being, making him think I'm strong enough by kissing him back, and he looked so confused when I stopped and, oh lord, I am the worst!!!" she wails, starting to cry again.

"Tallulah, don't cry. You not the worst." Georgia says, rubbing her back comfortingly.

"To be fair, you kinda did write a song for him saying you wanted to be with him." Grace points out.

"I know!" Tallulah moans. "Why am I so stupid?!" she mumbles into her hands.

"It's not stupid. Mikey was telling me how much Luke likes you. He's been acting crazy and I really think that Luke is a genuine guy, Tallulah. You should really give him a chance, honey." Georgia says warmly.

"You two are obviously crazy about each other, I don't see why you won't give him a shot. We know you're scared but you can't live your life like this. You just have to take a chance." I add.

Tallulah looks up at us, fear present in her eyes. "You really think I should?" she asks hesitantly.

"Yes!" we all yell in unison.

She laughs and smiles her gorgeous smile. "Maybe..." she says.

"HEY! I forgot to ask! How'd we go in the grand final?" Tallulah asks excitedly.

The girls and I all shift uncomfortably in our seats, looking at each other awkwardly.

Grace plucks up her courage and delivers the news. "We came second. We're so sorry Tallulah. We know how much that song meant to you and it was really close but-" she mumbles.

"Sorry?! OMG guys, don't be sorry, we freaking came second!" Tallulah says happily, engulfing us all in a tight hug. 

We all laugh and enjoy the moment.

"So whats next?" Tallulah asks.

"Well, the boys are leaving for tour in two days so..." Georgia says, trailing off at the end.

"OMG WE HAVE TO GET READY!!" Tallulah sqeals and we all jump up running off to our rooms to pack our bags for the tour.

I pack my favourite tops, dresses and jeans. Plus my shoes, accessories and make-up.