Chapter 1

Luke's p.o.v

I knelt down on one knee in front of the most beautiful girl I've ever met, the love of my life, she was my heartbreak girl. I stared into her eyes as I asked the most important question of my life,

"I guess what I'm trying to say is....will you marry me?"

As I looked up at her I could not read her expression, my heart sank. Maybe she didn't feel the same way I felt about her. My eyes started to water as my mind raced over all the possible answers she could give me. I couldn't look at her anymore, tears streamed down my face. I looked around at the beach, our beach. It was lit with candles in the sand and looked amazing, I'd done all of this for her and now I felt like an idiot. I must've misread all the signs, she obviously didn't love me back. I looked at her face once more and slowly stood up. She opened her lips.

"Luke...I...umm...I...."

......2 years before.....

Tallulahs p.o.v

Me and my best friends Grace, Fran, Georgia and Kate walk onto the X factor stage. My heart races as I hear the crowd cheer. I take my place behind the percussion box and look across at Fran who is strapping on her guitar.

"Hello, girls!" Nat Bass says.

"Hi!"

"Hi!!"

"Hello." We say in unison.

Danii smiles at us. "So, tell us about yourselves! What's your name?"

We bring the microphones to our mouths, and shout;

"Well, we're Georgia, Fran, Tallulah, Kate and Grace, and together we are A.K.A Us!"

Red Foo looks impressed, his fro shaking wildly. "Cool name, yo!"

We all giggle.

"We're all ranging from ages 16 to 17 and we are a girl group from Melbourne!" I say to the judges.

Foo speaks. "So, girlies, what made y'all wanna try out for this lil here X-Factor Australia?"

I look over to Grace, who has tears in her eyes.

"We've all been going through a tough time," I reply, as we put our arms around each other. "I was bullied from a young age, and so was Fran. Kate's boyfriend just recently moved to America, Georgia lost a finger in a freak skiing accident and has been battling depression for a while now and Grace's parents are dead, and her cat."

I find my words catch in my throat and Fran squeezes my hand. "It's been a hard life for us lately, but music and friendship helps us get through the day. This is our dream."

The judges clap, their eyes glistening sympathetically. Ronan clears his throat.

"I gave a lot of respect for you girls. It takes a lot of courage to come out here and bear all. What will you be singing?"

"Irreplaceable, by Beyoncé". Kate says.

She nods and Fran starts strumming. I too begin tapping my box rhythmically. I watch as Kate, Georgia and Grace lift the mic's to their mouths in unison, Grace starts to beatbox and Georgia and Kate start singing.

"To the left, to the left."

After the first chorus the judges and crowd stand and start cheering and clapping loudly. I smile and look around at the others who are smiling like crazy too. We end in a perfect harmony as Ronan stands up on the desk.

"YES! THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT" he screams. The crowd cheers for what seems like hours. I stand up and walk to the middle of the stage hugging all the girls. We smile at the judges as Luke Jacobz walks onto the stage.

"So judges, let's hear what you thought of that performance"

"That is what this competition is about! This is talent" Ronan yells

"I know Beyoncé and she would be proud I'm sure" Nat Bass says

"Yo! That was filled with so much swag! I can't even handle it, you blew the roof off this place!" Red Foo yells.

Danii Minogue looks us dead in the eyes and says "So...the world already has Little Mix, what makes you girls different?"

"Well were Australian!" I yell and the crowd cheers, "and we play instruments" Georgia adds.

"What do you mean you play instruments?" Ronan asks

"Well I play bass" Georgia says looking at Fran,

"I play guitar obviously" Fran says turning to me,

"Drums" I say,

"I play keytar and the harmonica" Grace says,

"And I don't play anything but I do main vocals" Kate finishes.

"Do you have your instruments here?" Nat asks,

We all nod and the backstage crew bring them out. We all give each other a knowing look and start to play one of our favourite songs 'Girls' by the 1975. The judges smiles grow bigger as we end the demo and we all laugh and smile too. Luke Jacobz smiles at us and asks the judges to make their decisions, they all yell ''yes!'' in unison and the crowd rises to their feet and cheer once more. We all run off the stage ecstatic and scream while we give each other hugs. This is the best day of our lives, bring it on boot camp!