Chapter 2

Grace's P.O.V

It's been a week since our audition for the X-Factor and we are all still ecstatic. We cannot believe the judges reactions to us, and the media has gone crazy too. We have been asked to do many interviews by magazines and talk shows, and our faces are on all the papers. They are calling us "Australia's very own Little Mix"! Wow, what an compliment. There are many articles about how we are the top competitors on this season of X-Factor. It's a lot of pressure and a heavy burden to shoulder, but we carry it well.

Today is the first day of bootcamp and we are all so nervous. We stayed up late last night watching the other peoples auditions. Some people were amazing and some people were not good and yet somehow they got through, probably to make the rest of us look good. There is one other girl group on this season called 'Beatz' and we are already guessing that they will be our main competiton, but like Fran said, "We have a sicker name".

We all get dressed and head into the arena for bootcamp. We are wearing matching skin tight black leather pants, cropped tops, and bandanas in each of our fave colours. Mine's pink, Georgia's is blue, which really brings out her eyes, Kate's is yellow which really looks nice against her skin tone, Fran's is green which reflects her hippie side and Tallulahs is red which makes her look like the rock queen she is.

As we assemble in the arena we see the judges standing on the stage. RedFoo raises a hand and the mob falls silent.  

"Hey Guys! Congrats on making it through to 2014 bootcamp!" he yells and the crowd goes wild, whoops coming from many peoples mouths me and my friends cheer loudly as well.

I look at their faces and can see that even though they are excited. They are also very nervous, just as I am. My stomach tingles with a mixture of the two.

"This year bootcamp is gonna be a little bit different," Foo continues, "Last year we had super bootcamp, and this year its gonna be even harder!"

The crowd erupts in whispers as everyone gives each other nervous glances.Dannii continues.

"By the end of today half of you will have to pack your bags and leave. The road and your musical dreams will end here."

We all stand shocked.

"You will have to perform two songs; one chosen by us and one of your own choice. Once you have performed, us mentors will judge you against one another and choose who stays, and who goes." 

Nat looks at as sympathetically.

"Under 25 girls will be with Danii, boys with Foo, over 25's with me and groups with Ronan".

I look across at Fran, who has a massive crush on Ronan, and Georgia nudges her suggestively. The judges exit through different doors and we follow the judges we have been assigned to.

"I wonder what song theyre gonna choose for us" Georgia whispers as we follow Ronan down the corridors backstage.

"Yeah, I hope its a good song that we already know!" Kate answers, and we all nod in agreement. Ronan leads us into an empty room and I look around at the other groups. It disapoints me when i see that there are no attractive men in the crowd around me. I'm always on the lookout for a spunky hunk of meat to sink my teeth into, but sadly, this lot looks to be a no go zone. Before Ronan begins to address the groups I see him look Fran up and down, checking her out. I look across at her and see a blush creep up in her cheeks as she giggles silently to herself.

"So, I will be your mentor for those of you who get through bootcamp" Ronan starts in his crooning Irish tone, "But to do so you will need to sing two songs, like Dannii said. You'll have half an hour to practice each song and then you'll perform. The first song you will perform for us mentors is the chosen song, which is..." Ronan pauses for effect "I Miss You, by Blink 182."