6

Jahking and I got really close over the past two months. He got close to my family. I got close to his. Our sisters are best friends now. Every time he posted me people thought we were dating. He had to reassure them every time that he was single.

Yesterday was our last day of school. Here they end school earlier.(It's April 12th) He told me he really wanted to hang today because he has something to tell me. I don't know what to expect honestly.

He picked me up in his new car. It was really nice. He drove to my favorite sea restaurant. Yess he knows me.

"So, I have some news." Jahking said.

"What is it King? I'm anxious to know!!"

"So I got two shows I'm gonna be on." He said.

"Oh my gosh! Really?!?! I'm so proud of you." I said.

I got up to hug him. "Tell me about them."

"Well I can't say to much in here because it's hella people."

"Well tell me in the car."

He paid for the food and we got in the car.

"I'm really not supposed to talk about this. But oh well. So the first one is called "The Chi." He said.

"Okay. What's it about?" I asked.

He explained it then told me about "On my block". He told me he wouldn't tell me everything because he wants me to be surprised or whatever.

"I won't be able to really see you like that. I'm going to be really busy Lessi." Jahking said.

"I get that. That's fine this is your dream!" I said.

We hung out for the rest of the day. I had a good time. It sucks I won't really get to see him. But that's fine as long as he's happy.

When we got to my house I invited him in. He talked to my mom about the shows. He then went upstairs.

"Lessi can you sit down before you go upstairs?"

I sat and smiled at her. "Aren't you happy for King?! I mean remember when he told us about his auditions! He thought he wouldn't get it and I'm ju-"

"Lessi, listen to me."

"Momma what's wrong?" I asked.

"I caught your dad cheating." She said as a tear rolled down her face.

"No, momma don't cry. How could he do this. AGAIN!" I screamed. "Is that why he's been staying late at work?"

"Shshhh. I don't want Jahking to hear. He's moving out. To live with her. I'm just telling you because...I can't afford the mortgage."

"Mom, we will figure something out. I promise." I said.

"Just go upstairs. Do not tell Alicia. Please!"

"I wasn't planning to" I responded

I went upstairs and saw Jahking in my room watching tv.

"Hey."

"I heard you yell. You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said.

"Well I wanted to give you something." He said.

He handed me a small box. "Open it Lessi"
He smiled ear to ear.

I opened the box and it was a chain that said "King". I was kind of confused. But it was really nice.

"Oh shit that's my chain. This one is yours." He said while handing me another box.

I opened it and it said "Lessi". I don't know why but I started to tear up. "Thank you King." I said giving him a hug.

"Oh no problem. Why you crying?" He asked while smiling. "Don't cry. You mean so much to me."

"Nobody's ever done anything like this for me. King your so sweet. I just love you to pieces." I said as I hugged him again.

I sat on my bed and he sat too. I hugged him once again and kissed him on the cheek. King looked at me and smiled. He put his arm around me.

I don't know what made me do all that. But have y'all ever felt like you were in a relationship with someone even though you aren't. I just want King so bad.

"I'm happy you like it." He said while putting the chain on me.

He got closer to me. "I was gonna give it to you later but I felt like now was the right moment."

"Yeah."

I got even closer to him. He grabbed the back of my neck gently. I started getting literal chills.

I stopped him then started taking pictures and videos of the chain. I went on his Instagram and went live. All his fans joined and asked if we were dating as always.

He leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. Then he started kissing all over my face and neck.
"King..what are yo-" I said. I dropped the phone.

It lasted like two minutes then he stopped.

"Why do I keep doing this?" He asked himself.

"Maybe because you like it." I said.

I grabbed the phone and the live didn't end. I hurried and ended it.

He got closer again and started to kiss me again. He started taking my shirt off but I stopped him.

We sat there for a few minutes. I don't know if he wants more or what. This is really weird. We're supposed to be best friends..but I liked it.

"I don't know why I can't keep my hands off you." He laughed.

I smiled and got up.

"I'm gonna go. Once again I'm sorry. Our friendship..I don't want to ruin it."

I rolled my eyes at him and sighed. "Why did you keep kissing me then?" I asked.

"I don't know." He said as he got up. "Don't you think it's best if we don't ruin our friendship?"

He's acting like we have been friends for years. Like what is his problem. I really want to express my feelings to him. I just don't want to get turned down.

I rolled my eyes and walked downstairs. He followed me.I opened the door and he walked out.

He turned around and asked "Are you mad at me Lessi?"

"No. (Yes I am) Thanks for the chain. I'll see you around King."

"I'll call you about the show and stuff..."

"Okay King!" I said.

"Aye, are you good? Like really? What's wrong?" He said.

"Yes Jahking I'm fucking fine." I said. Then slammed the door in his face. 

Like he really thinks I'm okay? What the fuck is his problem?! Like why does he get to just kiss me when he wants? Why do I even let him? When I know he doesn't want me. What can I do?