18

I woke up and saw that Jahking was gone. I went downstairs and saw my mom and Camilla talking. I sat down and my mom handed me a plate.

"Mom, where were you?!" I asked.

"With your father." She said smiling.

"I guess y'all was both having the time of y'all lives." Camilla whispered.

"Wait you took him back?" I said pulling my phone out.

"Yes."

"Isn't that good news?" Camilla asked.

"No, it's just good news to you. Our dads will "get closer".

"Well they are brothers. It's good for all of of." My mom said.

They continued to talk and I texted Jahking. He said he left when he heard my mom coming in. He told me he was going to a audition at 9am (it's 7am). He will be out by 12 pm 🤦🏽‍♀️

I don't know what's going on with my mom but she's acting really strange. She was just pissed at. Now they are together.

"Girls, I'm gonna take y'all to the movies."

"Do we have to?" I asked.

"Why are you such a lame?" Camilla asked.

"I'm not I just want to see Jahking."

"Do you like him now?" My mom asked.

"Yes and you would know it. If you were-"

"My business is my business." She pointed at me. "Now get ready."

I got ready and headed down. I got in the car with my mom and we waited on Camilla. My mom tried to make small talk but she could tell I was mad at her.

"Lessi, I just want us to get close again. Ever since we moved you've been focused on boys."

"Mom that's not true. I just needed my space after daddy hurt us again. But you took him back." I said.

"We are in love. I forgive him Alessia." She grabbed my face. "I trust him this time."

"But what if he does this again? How can you trust that mom?"

"I'll just have to for now." She said trying not to cry.

"I just don't get it mom. Why do you continue to let yourself get hurt?!" I asked.

"We will talk about this later. Your cousin is coming. I don't want to cause a scene." She wiped her face and started the car. She smiled at Camilla. "You ready girls?"

"Yeah, I can't wait to see my nigga Idras!" Camilla said.

"Camilla."

"Sorry he's just so fine. He will be mine." She said.

I rolled my eyes. "He's old as hell."

"He's 46." Camilla said. "He ain't that old."

"You look like you know his age. You creep. He's older then mom."

"Whatever." She said. "Aunt Lucía is 43 that's not really a difference."

We went to the movies and it was okay. We went to a restaurant then went home. Camilla decided to the spend the night again. Jahking called me and said he was going to get me before the sun set. I told my mom and left.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I wanna take you to the park. I don't think you've ever been."

"A park. Really?" I asked.

"It's a nice park. Just wait."

We arrived and it was a drive in.I thought it was a regular park. It was really nice and the sun was about to set. Two movies in one day.