Chapter One

Seeing him flirt with her like a babbling fool was just awful for Hermione.

"Pathetic, isn't he?" she muttered under her breath, inaudible to everyone except her best friend, who was sitting on the bench besides her in the Clock tower court yard.

"Well, I dunno..." said Ron, already bored of listening to her constant rambling "I mean Cho's a Ravenclaw, maybe she'll start helping him with his homework, which means he won't need you anymore."

Hermione nearly scoffed at the idea. "Cho's not in Ravenclaw for her intelligence, Ron, and I think that should be painfully obvious even to you." she said, managing to take her eyes off the couple for a moment, and two her red-headed friend. "Shouldn't you be snogging Lavender's face off right now? I mean, you two are like a giant pair of leaches."

Ron nearly shuddered at the shear mention of her name. "I'm no leach, Hermione! It's all her! Mental, she is...I'm telling you, she's pure mad. I told Neville and De--"

"Shut up! He's coming!" Hermione slapped Ron's arm hard

"Bloody hell!" he complained under his breath

"Oh toughen up." Hermione muttered in response and then turned towards Harry, who was slowly making his way over to them. "Hey, Harry." she said

"Hey Hermione." he smiled at her before turning to Ron. "What's wrong with your arm?"

Ron rolled his eyes. "Nothing, just that watching you and Cho together causes me physical pain."

Harry glared at him. "Well you and Lavender are no better!" he retaliated

"At least we're better than..." Ron trailed off "Nevermind." he said "Probably shouldn't say anything."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you on about?" he asked

"Oh nothing..." he said and then turned to Hermione and mouthed 'go with it.'

"It's just that, you know, Hermione and Cormac..." he said

"McLaggen? That prick who's trying out for the Keeper position?!" Harry asked

"He's not a prick!" Hermione said, truthfully she didn't know who he was, but Ron said to go with it, and she had decided to take a leap of faith.

"He is so, Hermione!" Harry said in one of the harshest tones he's ever had with her before storming off.

"Ron?" Hermione asked

"Yeah?"

"Who is this guy?"

"A prick. Like Harry said."

"Great."