Chapter Two

Hermione sat with her nose in a book in the Gryffindor common room as usual, until Ron had approached her. 

"Guess who's going on a date this weekend?" He said with a goofy grin plastered to his face 

"Congratulations, Ron. But I'm not really interested in your love life." 

"Oi, I was talking about you." he said, taking a seat next to her on the couch, causing her to take her eyes off of her book. 

"I'm not going on a date." she said "That's ridiculous." 

"Hermione, listen to me because I am going to be honest and nice to you, both things which rarely happen." he said, causing Hermione to roll her eyes 

"Prick." she muttered 

"I know that I'm constantly getting on your nerves, and I would say I'm sorry for that but I can't because I said I was gonna be honest and I like to piss you off every once in a while, I don't know it's sorta fun for me." 

"Thanks, Ronald." 

"No, listen." he said "It's fun for me because you're like a little sister to me." 

"I'm older than you." 

"Yeah, but you're shorter." he said "Anyways, you're like my little sister. I love to piss you off because it's a twisted way in showing I care. I think I get it from Fred and George, they're always pranking me and doing everything in their power to get under my skin, but that's how I know they care." 

"Ron, I never tell you this enough, but you really are an amazing friend." 

He smiled, "Well, I do learn from the best." 

"Ron..." Hermione stuttered 

"I think you would agree on me on this one, right? I mean, Harry's just so supportive and caring-"

"Ronald Bilius Weasley, I am going to kill you!" Hermione shouted and threw a pillow at him 

"Woah, woah, woah, you can't kill me before I tell you about this date now can you?" he said, his arms up as if to surrender. 

"What if I don't wanna go?" Hermione asked

"What if I don't care?" Ron was quick to retaliate "Anyways, your date is set for tomorrow at the three broomstick at twelve." 

"Who am I even going with?" 

"Cormac, stupid." 

"But you said he was a prick! Like Harry said!" Hermione objected, with real concern in her voice 

"Yeah...but this way it will make Harry even angrier than if you went with a nice guy." Ron explained "Plus, since he's a well known bloke around school, I'd say there's a good chance  Harry'll even get jealous seeing you with another guy." 

"Why would he get jealous?" Hermione asked

"I don't know." Ron replied with a smile.