Chapter Nineteen

Hermione led Harry to a private spot in the Clocktower Courtyard, as being the place of the battle, everyone tended to avoid it all together.

"I shouldn't have said what I said." Harry said before Hermione could figure out how she wanted to bring up the dreaded topic. "My head was just in a million places, and I--"

"No, it's me in the blame, really." she cut him off "I mean, I shouldn't have sprung this all on you so soon after the battle...and on top of that, I really shouldn't have acted in the way I had. It was uncalled for."

Harry shook his head. "I don't think so." he said, grabbing a hold of her hand "Like you said, we spent night after night on the run imagining a future for ourselves...one that I still really want regardless of what I said before."

"Really?" Hermione asked as tears formed in her eyes

"Yes, of course." he said, wrapping his arms around her, pulling her into a hug. "What's the matter. I mean, what'd I say? Whatever it was, I'm sorry, I'm so sor-"

"No." Hermione said shaking her head and laughing slightly "You didn't do anything wrong, it's...it's just  that I'm relieved, I guess."

"Relieved? Why?"

She looked around at the destroyed courtyard around her...Could she do this?

"Hermione?" Harry said "You're scaring me a bit, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." she said, taking a deep breath. "It's just...I don't know. I guess it just doesn't really feel right doing it here."

"Well, now the suspense is absolutely killing me, so you've gotta tell me."

Hermione took another deep breath. "Harry."

"Oh my god, are you gonna propose?" he teased

"No, Merlin, you're such an utter bell-end sometimes."

"Okay, seriously though what is it?"

"Don't freak out." Hermione warned

"I won't."

"Promise?"

"I swear it."

Hermione took a deep breath. "I fixed up your childhood home in Godric's Hollow." She said. "I wanted you to have a home to come back to after the war."

Harry was speechless. "You really did all of that for me?" He said

"It wasn't really too much work." Hermione protested. "I mean, with the use of magic and all..."

"Still." He interrupted "Learning a spell like that is difficult for any witch or wizard...I don't know why you would go through all of that trouble just for me?"

"Isn't it obvious?" said Hermione. "Because I love you." She said, taking a step closer to him. "Because you've sacrificed so much for everyone and never expected anything in return."

"I love you, Hermione Granger."

"I love you, too." Said Hermione as she extended her hand out towards him. "Now come on. We've got a home to see."