Chapter Seven

Once Harry had found the courage to go back inside the castle after his talk with Hermione, he had decided to go straight to his dorm. But to his dismay, Ron was already there. And the last thing he wanted to do was answer a bunch of stupid questions, even if it was from his best mate. 

"Oi, where were you?" he asked, but Harry just shook his head

"Not now Ron, I'm not in the mood." he said and plopped down on his four poster bed.

"Hermione's done your head in again, has she?" Ron asked, turning to face Harry, who was still lying motionless on the bed. 

"I reckon she's waiting for an apology of some sort." He continued 

"But I didn't do anything wrong!" Harry interjected, suddenly bolting upright in his bed.

"Well according to you maybe...but even I have to agree with Hermione on this that what you did at the three broomsticks was uncalled for..." 

"How do you know about that?" Harry asked, turning to his friend to face him properly.

Ron simply shrugged. "Hermione told Ginny and Ginny told me so that I could tell you off for it." he explained but Harry didn't seem to pleased with that answer. 

"Well save your breath." he said "I already know I was overreacting. I guess I was just...I don't know." 

"It's called jealousy, Harry." Ron said "You might not know it yet, but you feel differently about Hermione than you have before." 

Harry shook his head. "I'm not jealous. What I feel for Hermione doesn't go beyond friendship." he said "Besides, I'm dating Cho." 

"And how's that going for you?" 

There was a pause before Harry could even give a response. 

"Good." he finally said "In fact, I have a date with her tomorrow."

"Really?" 

"Really." Harry responded firmly. "And since you have suddenly taken an interest to my love life, I might actually tell you how it went afterwards if you shut up and let me get some sleep." 

Ron was taken aback by his attitude. "Yes, sir." he muttered before climbing under the covers of his bed.

"Oh, piss off." Harry muttered, and they both laid their in silence for a bit. 

"Good night, Harry." Ron said, the first to break the silent 

"Night, Ron."