20.

I slowly unlock the door to my apartment. My old apartment.

Mal's at work at this hour so I'm fine.

I walk through the door and throw my keys on the counter before walking to my room. Half way there I stop myself realizing I threw my keys out of habit. I go back to grab them and throw them in my bag.

"Koda?"

"Fucking hell," I mumble before turning around and Luka is on the couch.

"The fuck are you doing here? You don't  live here."

"I'm waiting for Mal."

"Course you are," I say and continue walking to my room.

"But wait."

I ignore him.

I find a suitcase and pack as much stuff as I need into it. The clothes I like and things I own. I really don't have much. A few hoodies, T's and some jeans and joggers. I pack some underwear and socks but I can always buy new ones.

I pick up an old hoodie that Luka left at my house when he was sixteen. I never got the chance to give it back.

It was my favourite fucking hoodie.

"That's mine isn't it," Luka says and I drop it before looking to him. He's standing in the doorway and I'm over knelt down beside my dresser.

"Well take it back," I chuck it at him. "I don't want it."

I don't really throw it though. It's half ass and I still don't let go because I refuse to. It's mine now.

"Koda..."

"I don't want to hear it," I snap. "I don't care that you two are dating." I do. "I care that you both lied. And for no reason! You can't ever give me a god damn reason."

"Why are you packing?"

He ignores me again. Always ignoring the why?

"I'm going to L.A for a bit."

In the corner of my eye I see him shift a bit.

"Why?"

"Because it's my turn to leave. I could've just disappeared had you not been in my apartment. Maybe you would know what it's like, not that you care but you don't give two shits about anything."

"No wait," I continue. "You give a shit about Mal. Of course. Who doesn't fucking love Mal."

I zip up my suitcase of everything I need plus what I grabbed last time.

This will be my last time storming out of this place. I'm off to get my shit together and that means getting rid of these two asshats as much as I don't want to.

For a small moment we hold eye contact as I stand there, suitcase in hand.

"I'm not coming back. Might as well move in," I say coldly.

"Koda I'm not moving in."

"You don't even need my room, you could just share with Mal."

"Koda I'm not moving in with Mal."

"Whatever, not my problem. She can't afford this place all by herself so she's going to need a roommate."

"Phoenix."

"Whatever." I walk past him.

"Koda quit being an ass and talk."

Very rarely does he sound assertive and serious.