Part 3 - School's Rumors

I finished getting dressed and combing through my wet hair before going downstairs for breakfast. I grabbed something to drink and gulped it down, leaving my teeth colored. I quickly brushed them then joined my family in the living room. Macy and Damien wished the rest of us good luck at school. We exited the house with Damien since he's taking Katie to Pre-school.

I looked over to see Cash exiting his house. "Hey!" He called. "Wanna ride?" I grinned like a fucking fool and told Damien where I was going. He only nodded, still struggling to get Katie in her seat. I pushed him out of the way and quickly strapped her in. He gave me a kiss on the temple and then I went to Cash.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked. I threw my bag on the floorboard and got in the passenger's seat.

"Not much. What's a morning like in your household?" Cash started the car and pulled out of his driveway as he spoke.

"Pretty easy. We all know not to get in one another's way for none of us like mornings." I joked with a smile. Cash laughed. I'm starting to love the way his blue braces shine in bright lights. We fell into a peaceful silence as he drove. It wasn't awkward until I found myself wondering how soft his hair is and what kissing him would be like. I blinked a few times to rid myself of those thoughts. We pulled into the school. Cash parked the car then we got out of it.

"You know, rumors will fly onto why you're getting out of my car, new girl." Cash told me with a smirk.

"Probably. They'd go nuts if we were extra close while doing so." I replied, matching his smirk. I've been told by numerous guys that my smirk shoots things from zero to a hundred every time.

"Want to give them something to go nuts over?" I nodded. We met at the hood of his car. Cash held out his hand, fingers spread out. I laughed and did the same. Once our palms connected, we interlaced our fingers.

"This will be fun." Cash whispered in my ear. Again, I couldn't stop fucking grinning. Once we were about halfway across the lot, Cash pulled me closer and released my hand, instead setting his hand on my waist. He has his arm around my back and his index and middle fingers in my front pocket. I threw my head back laughing. I heard Cash laughing in my ear as well. I could feel the eyes on us. We stopped at the front doors. Cash removed himself from me and just stood before me. I ached for his touch again. He reached forward and picked up my hand, running his thumb over my knuckles. "Thanks." He whispered.

"For what?" I asked him, genuinely confused.

"For being so beautiful. We should do that again sometime." He kissed my knuckles then went inside. But not without waving to me. My damn heart though. I went to the central office and got my schedule before heading to my locker. On my way, I found some girl hanging on Cash's shoulder. He doesn't look uncomfortable with it. I bit my lip, a low growl rumbling in the back of my throat. I pressed my emotions down and continued on to my own locker. I'm not going to beat up some girl on the first day. I opened my locker and shoved my things inside then slammed it shut.

I might leave school early today.

~

I did leave school early, but came back for lunch. I winced as I walked into the school, my hip burning. I stopped and leaned on the wall, popping it back into place. I sighed in relief, my body relaxing some.

"You did not." A voice said. I looked up to see Jason.

"I did." I replied, shoving myself off the wall.

"You need to control it."

"It's kind of hard when I see girls hanging on what's supposed to be mine." I growled.