Part 35 - Graduation

I wiped my mouth and leaned back against the tiled wall. My stomach hurts. Lysandra handed me a glass of water. I gave her a weak smile and drank from the glass. "I had Macy pick these up for you." She whispered, handing me a bag from the local drug store. I gently smiled with a nod. "Are you okay?" She sat down beside me.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." I muttered bitterly.

"I thought you'd be happier."

"I did as well. I should be happy, but I'm not. I've been fucking emotional for five days now. It won't stop. Were you this bad?"

"No, mine didn't start for awhile. About a month after." Lys whispered. She pushed some of my hair behind my ear. "You know, Ashley, you are supposed to bare the most powerful."

"Yeah, yeah." I muttered.

"Take those. Do you want me to get Cash?"

"No, let him be. He's tuxedo shopping with Maverick, Jason, Damien, and Ethan." Lysandra nodded. I got up off the floor then pulled my best friend up after me. She gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

~

"I don't need to look at the damned tests, Lysandra, I already have an answer." I growled.

"Then why are you so angry?" Lysandra shouted. "Why hasn't Cash come running if you're as close as you have been?"

"I have bigger things to worry about than my future offspring, Lys." I seethed.

"Like what?"

"How I'm going to tell Cash in the first place. He's not here because I'm using my strength to shield my feelings from him."

"How? No fully bonded mates can do that."

"One with the power can. A power they call mnemokinesis." I swallowed.

"You're making Cash forget about your feelings?" I nodded. "Ashley, that's so cruel."

"I know, but I just need time."

"You need Cash. You're getting torn up from not having him with you."

"Help me pick what to do. I want to surprise him."

"Okay."

~

I walked on to the stage in my cap and gown, recieved my diploma, then returned to my seat. Cash had gone way earlier seeing as his last name starts with a B and mine with an S. The graduation soon ended then I joined Cash as we walked down the path together. He grinned at me, putting a hand on my waist as we walked to the after party. Lysandra came up to me and slipped the desired object into my hand. I took Cash to an empty classroom.

"What are we doing? There's a party out there, Lynn." Cash said happily, smiling at me. I shoved the object to his chest, grinning wildly. He grunted, his hand coming up and covering mine. "What?"

"Look." I whispered, turning my hand and placing the object in his hand. I kept a hand on his chest and his other hand continued to rest on my waist. He looked it over once or twice. His eyes darted over to me then back to the object.

"It's true?" He breathed out. I nodded my head. Cash dropped the pregnancy test then bent down and wrapped his arms around my waist with his head on my chest. He lifted me into the air. I wrapped my arms around his head. "I love you so much, Lynn." He set me down on the ground. I finally put down my magical walls and let Cash feel my joy and relief. "Holy shit, Ashlyn." He took a step back as it hit him. His happiness turned to confusion. "You were withholding your emotions from me? How?"