Part 10 - Mychael

I woke up in my own bed today. With Cash by my side. We're going back to school today and after that we're picking up Maverick's friend. "I don't wanna!" Cash whined. "I have to face Julie!" I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I could always talk to her." I whispered against his skin.

"Your way of talking sometimes means a threat or two. Not that'd I mind, but I can't have my girlfriend getting kicked out of another school." Cash turned his head and pecked my lips.

"Why don't you want anyone knowing? Other than your reputation cause I have to say, dating me might just ruin that." A gentle smile rested on Cash's face, but I could see how much he just wanted to break out in a grin.

"My mother was loved by everyone. They all think she disappeared because we paid to have that told to everyone. We don't want people to know that we're orphans. Especially since I'm not out of high school yet. We don't want people coming and taking me away." Cash's face is sad now. "And, I don't want to see the sympathy and heartache on their faces." Cash is staring off into space. I ran my tongue over my top row of teeth, finding that my fangs had extended on their own. "What should I do?" Cash turned to face me. I put a hand over my mouth, pretending to be thinking.

"I don't know, Cash." I whispered. I clenched my teeth together, painfully pushing my fangs back. I hissed from the pain.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm more worried about the predicament you're in." I softly nudged Cash. Cash leaned against me, sighing.

"I hate blackmail." I suddenly gasped, shooting out of the bed like lightning.

"She slept with my brother."

"Everyone sleeps with Jason."

"No, she slept with Ethan. He's fifteen and she's eighteen. That's disgraceful."

"Won't that mess with Ethan's rep?"

"Not at all. A male freahman scoring a female senior is legendary for the freshman, but wrong for the senior."

"So... you want to use stereotypes against Julie?" I nodded my head. "Okay."

"If she tells about you, I'll tell about her."

"That's great and all, but Ashlyn, your fangs are showing. Are you hungry or something?"

"No. I don't get why it's happening." I pulled my phone from it's charger.

"I'm going to go to my house and shower. I'll see you in a hour." Cash kissed my cheek. I grabbed his chin and made him give me a kiss on the lips. He grinned at me before leaving. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I pulled my phone up.

Tomorrow is my birthday.

"Damien!"

~

I clipped the necklace around my neck, feeling the power turn my appearance back to normal. "Remember, you can't change at all today or the magic in the necklace will be gone." Damien said. I nodded. Jason has a fancy bracelet. Both that and my necklace have a dark red ruby. Damien kissed my temple then let me leave. I got in Cash's car with a disguising smile. It disguised the pain I'm in.

"Did you figure out your problem?" Cash asked. He must've noticed my lack of fangs.

"Yeah. I should be okay now." I answered softly. "Tomorrow is my birthday. I just thought you'd like to know."

"Thanks for the late notice." Cash muttered with a small smirk. I playfully rolled my eyes. "You don't seem happy about turning eighteen."

"I've never looked forward to my eighteenth birthday."