Part 9 - Waking Up

Did I mention that I love waking up in Cash's arms? Yes? Well, I'm saying it again. I love waking up in Cash's arms. Only this time, he's wide awake and not dead asleep.

"Something wrong?" I asked, sitting up slowly. Cash looked down at me and smiled.

"No, not at all." He lied. I furrowed my eyebrows and completely sat up.

"Cash, I'm a walking lie detector. I can hear your heartbeat and it's telling me that you just lied. What's wrong?" I softly kissed his jaw. "Talk to me."

"You can't make bad dreams go away, Ashlyn." My heart sunk a little, weighing the possibilities of what he's dreaming about.

"It helps to talk."

"Not with you in this situation."

"Okay." I dismissed. Cash got up and went to the shower. I sat Indian-Style on the bed with my elbows on my knees and hands clasped together in the middle. I took a deep breath then focused. I focused on Cash and what it was he was dreaming about until I could see it all in his perspective.

He was running, his heart pounding as he did so. He's terrified. He heard the subtle whooshing of the wind, indicating that his attacker is nearby.

"Leave me alone, please!" Cash yelled after coming across a dead end. His attacker came out of the shadows. She has long blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. She's me.

"You have to join me in eternal life, Cash." She said, her voice strong and echoey.

"I don't want to, Ashlyn. Not yet. I want to graduate, go to college, get a job! I don't want this yet."

"Too bad." She lunged.

I gasped, snapping out of the dream the moment she bit him. My eyes fell to the bathroom door. He thinks I'm going to just turn him without his consent? I may be a bitch, but not to him. I ran my tongue over my top row of teeth, stopping where my fangs extend from.

"I wouldn't do that." I whispered though he couldn't hear me. I thought some more and came to the conclusion that he didn't want to tell me in fear that I'd runaway because I scared him a little. If I leave, he'll know somethings up. "He's scared of me..." My eyes went back to the door. I heard the door click and laid back, pretending to be a cheesy girlfriend.

"You know, everyone calls you Ash." Cash commented.

"Some call me Ashley. My best friend did, anyway."

"Your best friend?" I nodded.

"Back in California. We were glued together at the hip. Funnily, she was human too. I just didn't make out with her or feed from her." I lazily smiled.

"Ashlyn, you said was." Cash took a seat beside me.

"That's probably because she died."

"Ashlyn-"

"I'm going go home and shower." I cut him off. I got out of his bed and went for the door. Cash encircled his arms around my waist and pulled me back.

"You said talking helps."

"Not with you in this situation." I whispered.

"Ashlyn, I'm allowed to keep a secret or two. You have more than I can even count. I want to make that number smaller." I slowly turned around to face Cash.

"I turned her, Cash. She... She hasn't woke up."

"Why not?"

"Because we're constantly shoving vervain into her to keep her down. My father killed anyone I came into contact with. I guess we could finally wake her up now, but it's been months." Cash held a sad expression on his face. "I only turned her because she was dying."