Hunted

I look up at my sister in hope

I look up at my sister in hope. Hope that we could finally be safe after all this time. Rose beside me timid and scared of what's to come. Rocklin leaning against a tree nearby not caring what was really going on. Peppah had left us there to go scout ahead, we were all becoming nervous. She had been gone to long. "Somebody has to go after her" I said bring attention to me "I will" Rocklin starts to walk freezing like the rest of us when we heard footsteps. Me and Jada pulling out our guns moving closer to Rose. Rocklin has his hand on his weapon watching the direction the footsteps came from. "It's me Peppah" our popped our blonde hair sister hands in surrender "there everywhere" she states making us tense "but there is a house about an hour in that direction abandon we could hide out" we all look at each other silently asking whether it was a good idea. "Sure" Jada said "what are you insane we have to go back we can't put Rosie in that danger" Rocklin snaps "no we keep going" Jada shakes her head almost dismissing what he said "she doesn't know how to fight" He quickly added "no we go it what Mum would have wanted we go back we are handing ourselves over" Peppah steps forward making us all nod.

We all wish Mum was here but she's not. She died protecting us, now we have to fight to survive while so many live life blind to the reality.